What's new

TRON: Legacy (2010) (1 Viewer)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Yeah, they definitely need to work on the lip movement when he speaks. Even the way he moves seems very 1990s cgi. But like Zack says, they're probably still working on it. Looks awesome though. Hope they show the trailer before my viewing of Salt today.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Does anybody know if this is being filmed and rendered in actual 3D or will it be a conversion?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually quite happy if the 3D will be better than what I've been seeing lately. All of these conversions "after the fact" have really soured my excitement for seeing new movies in 3d

That certainly doesn't mean I'll rush out to see Tron Legacy in 3D unless I really feel it warrants it.

I do think the previews look great, but I'm hoping they keep some of the quirky "80's ness" of it. I really hope they leave a lot of the in game rules intact, like the bikes riding on rails, but I'm afraid they'll throw that out the window.

Brent

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
A radio station has put samples (?) of some of the Daft Punk soundtrack online now at:

http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/2010/07/22/new-daft-punk-zomg/

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
A look at the new Light Cycle from the upcoming TRON: Legacy from the Comic-Con floor. I must say, the more I hear and see for this new film, the more I am getting excited.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

I guess I'm having mixed feelings about the film.One of the comic books coming out that's supposed to take place between the first Tron movie and the sequel is called "The Betrayal."

I'm going to guess that it's Alan Bradly (the original Tron in the first film) who will be ultimately revealed to be the villain and trapped Flynn Sr's character in the digital world (again) when Jeff Bridges character comes to him one night (talking about how he's going to change humanity). And this finally causes Alan to freak out and go bad.

One of my theories is that Lori (Cindy Morgan's charactere) in the first film ultimately chose and married Flynn, which turned Bradly bitter, And Lori and Flynn had Sean Flynn.

I do not like this theory of mine.

But it's been said that Boxleitner's character (Bradley) does show up latter in the digital world, and I'm guessing that's when the big reveal is made.

That's why I'm not sure about sequels. Sometimes they take good characters and ruin them.

James

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I still have concerns over the younger version of Jeff Bridges still looking very CGI especially when he speaks but I can't wait for the movie! Already bought my midnight ticket and ready to stand in line!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I don't see it posted, but here is Daft Punk's mini video for Derezzed:

There's an HD 1080 version.

I can't see it from where I'm posting from, but there is an emcee type person with a cane. This character just irks me. These KIND of characters irk me. It's the only thing I've seen which brings my excitement over this down a notch.

BTW - I HATE that Google now highjacks your URLs when you try to highlight a link and right-click/copy it. It's making me want to switch to Bing.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is that song just background ambient? Or is it a real theme? It seemed very simple, and dully repetitive, not supporting the visuals at all.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Originally Posted by Jose Martinez

I still have concerns over the younger version of Jeff Bridges still looking very CGI especially when he speaks but I can't wait for the movie! Already bought my midnight ticket and ready to stand in line!

What is in the spoiler tag below isn't really a spoiler but I don't want anyone to misinterpret my theoretical musings based on the information in the trailers of why the unreal CGI younger Flynn works on a story level as a spoiler. I have no additional information than anyone else watching the trailers.

I think it underlines the point: he's probably not real in the movie either as he appears to be a creation of the MCP based on the younger Flynn it has in its memory (and perhaps is the "new" MCP himself using Flynn for his "avatar" since the David Warner-based MCP is deleted, i.e. dead). We can infer this because in the trailer he says, "I'm not your father." So not only is he CGI for us the audience but he is real CGI in the movie's story too.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Brian Magnuson

What is in the spoiler tag below isn't really a spoiler but I don't want anyone to misinterpret my theoretical musings based on the information in the trailers of why the unreal CGI younger Flynn works on a story level as a spoiler. I have no additional information than anyone else watching the trailers.

Except even in the trailers we see flashbacks of young (CGI) Flynn in the real world.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Paul D G

I can't see it from where I'm posting from, but there is an emcee type person with a cane. This character just irks me. These KIND of characters irk me. It's the only thing I've seen which brings my excitement over this down a notch.

Yeah, but it's Michael Sheen. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by DaveF

It's an official video promoting the film, tho I wouldn't call it a proper music video, more like a trailer for the soundtrack. The details of which came out the other day:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/2010/11/10/tracklisting_revealed_for_daft_punk_soundtrack_for_tron_legacy

It's my understanding that the score is one thing, but there are also songs inspired by the film.

It's electronic music, so it's supposed to be dull soulless dance music. :)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I made the mistake of walking through the toy aisle at Target, and saw the new movie merchandise, so the identity of Flynn's digital doppleganger has probably already been spoiled for me. ;)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Originally Posted by Paul D G

It's an official video promoting the film, tho I wouldn't call it a proper music video, more like a trailer for the soundtrack. The details of which came out the other day:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/2010/11/10/tracklisting_revealed_for_daft_punk_soundtrack_for_tron_legacy

It's my understanding that the score is one thing, but there are also songs inspired by the film.

It's electronic music, so it's supposed to be dull soulless dance music. :)

I downloaded the first song available on itunes the other day. It is called Derezzed.

I also found the toys at Target. Bought myself one of the light cycles for my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks