What's new

Tremors The Complete Series - Coming March 9th (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I've seen some spotty episodes and I wasn't impressed with the television series. Truth be told, I'm still rather partial to the first two tremors movies. :)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Well I SURE AS HELL hope the info was just a cut/paste.

Tremors: The Series was shot WIDESCREEN and badly cropped to 4:3.

This was confirmed by the producers on the old Stampede Entertainment board.
It is on Amazon VOD 1.78:1 (and looks beautiful)
It is on HULU 1.78:1
It was shown wide in OZ and the UK

FOR FRACKS SAKE UNIVERSAL YOU GOT FOUR MONTHS TO CORRECT THIS! WIDE MASTERS OBVIOUSLY EXIST!

And while you're at it, put the shows in the right order (as the writers/producers intended) and UN-BUTCHER the episode "Project 4-12".. this was SUPPOSED to be episode #5, was delayed to #8 and totally recut to make the whole story a flash back of the introduction of Christopher Lloyd's character and the "Mixmaster" story line. Why did they recut it? Cause SciFi in their infinite wisdom, moved ep #6 up to be shown as ep#2, which already HAD Cletus and Mixmaster as "oh yeah, that"... actually Wiki says it better than me...

"The story for the TV series picks up from where Tremors 3: Back to Perfection leaves off. It follows the residents of Perfection Valley attempting to co-exist with a graboid, while dealing with problems caused by failed government experiments, mad scientists, or ruthless real-estate developers. When aired by the Sci Fi Channel, the series was shown out of order, with Episode 1 ("Feeding Frenzy") and Episode 6 ("Ghost Dance") shown on the premiere night. The second episode produced, "Shriek and Destroy" was the final episode shown. This out-of-order airing required the re-editing of various episodes. Changes included a new opening sequence for Episode 5 ("Project 4-12"), which aired as the 8th episode. This episode also introduced the character Cletus Poffenburger (played by Christopher Lloyd). The re-edited episode explained Cletus' appearance in a flashback sequence, occurring prior to Episode 6/"Ghost Dance" which had actually aired as the second in the series. The correct order sequence of the episodes was revealed by the weblinks for the Scifi Channel's episode guides, which correctly numbered the episodes' individual webpages,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremors:_The_Series

... then again since when did SciFi every do anything right back then... they murdered "The Chronicle" also (another show I would dearly love to see released).

ADDENDUM: I just checked it's up for per-order on Amazon already, $20.99

wizard55

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I loved this series. Was really hoping for a 2nd season but alas...none. I would like them in the original production order as well but if they are in the stupid order scifi put them in I wont be too angery. At least its finally getting a release. :)

And YES! The Chronicle was also one of my favorite Scifi Channel shows of all time! They just HAD to end it on that wild cliffhanger! :(
(I actually have read 2 of the novels the series was based on, and wish I could get my hands on the other ones.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks