Len,

As long as you are in the coverage area which includes
the entire United States and (I am guessing) Canada,
you have XM coverage.

As far as I know, XM does not cover any other region of
the world.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
In Europe they have a service called Worldspace which is partially owned by XM.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

XM in the northwest regions of BC starts to become rather weak and is prone to dropping out quite a bit. Did that test a few weeks back driving with both XM and Sirius ...

I figure the XM satellite is closer to the eastern seaboard high above the equator as a result. Sirius is closer to central north america ... for a footprint.

As a result ... no XM in hawaii. My new Nissan car owners manual states that the XM/Sirius sat option for the car is not available in Hawaii ... Guam

Regards

Regards

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
XM have two sats geosynchonous over the equator. Sirius has three sats which orbit around the US. That means that you are more likely to get a signal from sats with Sirius, since they are overhead, and the XM sats are more on the horizon. XM makes this up by having more repeaters. This is why you are more likely to lose Sirius going under overpasses.

Jason

Devin U

Second Unit
from what Ive seen, Sirius is better up north due to the orbiting sats. XM can be gotten as far as the artic circle, but only one sat (so 1/2 the programming, the music), and you have to be stationary, it wont work with the unidirectional car antenna, just the home antenna, since you can aim it better. As far as going south, Ive heard XM comes in perfect till about Belieze, then you have fade outs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks