1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

'Transporter' and 'Kiss of the Dragon' in BD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Michael Barry, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Michael Barry

Michael Barry Member

These are the first two hi-def discs that I have ever seen! I'm really excited.

Now, if I had a player, I could watch the movies too. [​IMG]

Seriously, though...in Australia the situation is reversed - we saw the launch of Blu Ray first and in December we're going to see HD-DVD for the first time, with the second generation Toshiba machines as our first ones.

So far, the Samsung BDP-1000 is pretty much it, so I'm holding out for the Panasonic (or Pioneer, or Sony) but who knows when they will be released. I'm definitely going to go for the Toshiba as well.

My situation is that I own an independent video rental store in Sydney which opened 3 years ago as a DVD-only, tapeless concern. Now we're adding hi-def discs and so we're off to a flying start with these two. [​IMG]

For those who are interested, both discs are single layer BD-25, region code B.

The Transporter has English DTS-HD lossless, Italian AC-3 5.1, commentary in 2.0.

KOD has two lossless DTS-HD tracks: English and Italian, commentary in 2.0.

There is no mention of the codec used - does anybody know?

Speed and Kingdom of Heaven were supposed to have surfaced but they have been delayed by Fox. Fantastic Four and Ice Age 2 will arrive next week.

I am really, really looking forward to seeing HD-DVD for the first time - watching the movies will also be fun!