1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Transmit Audio to iPhone or other Headphones

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by ellistyle, Feb 18, 2012.

1. ellistyle

ellistyle New Member

I have a decent 7.1 Home Theater Setup and also a wife and kids that go to sleep way earlier than me. I end up hunched over an iPad or at my computer to watch a movie instead of enjoying my 55" LED because of the sound. Is there a way to transmit just the sound from TV or the A/V receiver to an iDevice with headphones? Or is there another transmitter/receiver device that I could plug headphones into to accomplish the same thing? I suppose lag could be an issue, but I haven't found anything similar to what I am looking for.

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Welcome to Home Theater Forum Tyler. I think I'm missing something here. You want to watch a movie on your TV, but then have the audio sent to your iPhone/iPod/iPad and listen to it through connected headphones? Why not just get wireless headphones and eliminate the idevice?

3. ellistyle

ellistyle New Member

I would prefer to plug my existing headphones into the equation.