What's new

Transformers. Widescreen. R2. Confirmed? (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
I see this movie streets in less than a month in R2. In addition to some cool extras like a Japanese Headmaster episode dubbed in English and a music video for "The Touch," it is supposed to contain the widescreen version of the film. The producers of the DVD have confirmed that the widescreen version does in fact exist, and have held to the fact that they will have that version on the DVD. Now with the newest release date just a month away, has anyone heard confirmation of its inclusion? It would be great to see this movie the way it was originally animated, but I can't seem to find any new info. The latest was from a while ago and is located here. A lot of online sites have it for preorder as well. (see here)
I just needs ta know if this is gonna really happen!
mike.
------------------
Do It Right or Don't Do It at All®

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
If Region 2 gets a widescreen version, I will go to Rhino and injure everyone responsible for not getting it here. Unless they give me a free copy of the new version, then instead of injuries there will be alcohol. But based on the now-ancient info on the link provided, I doubt they will get a widescreen version anytime soon.
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Rhino thought they could do widescreen as well until about 3 months before release. The transfer's going to look like crap if they try to do it off a print, unless a miracle source has been found
Jeff Kleist

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Well, even if they don't pull off a widescreen release, the extra features are worth it enough for another purchase.
mike.
------------------
Do It Right or Don't Do It at All®

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
From http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=3003 --
We know one or two of you are waiting for news about the "Transformers" movie. Well we can reveal that a release date still hasn't been set, the disk producers are still waiting for some assets to be shipped over from the States. I guess that's not there fault. However we do have a copy of the sleeve here that reveals that the disk will feature a DD 5.1 soundtrack and a 4:3 aspect ratio. The images below show you what extras the disk will have and the sleeve artwork.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yup, they found that the print was destroyed too. So I'm betting they bought Rhino's remaster.
Watch out for that Headmasters dub, it was done by Australians or English Hong Kong people, and that's NEVER good. They should've subbed it

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
According to http://iocon.com/cj/tf/movie/video.htm
[Transformers: The Movie] was designed, storyboarded, and animated to be issued as an "Open Matte" transfer to video.
Also, if you look at the storyboards in the Rhino release, you can see there are dotted lines indicating the areas that are to be masked for the theatrical release.
So that would mean that you are not missing anything from the full frame version because it is not pan & scanned.

DannyS

Second Unit
I have the region 2 disc. It is wonderful! Open matte transfer, crisp and clear, no sign of panning and scanning. The 5.1 dd rocks!, an excellent introduction from BBC tv's "I love the 1980's" when you insert the disc too. Also there is a photo gallery with a remix of a track from the film ( I forget which) Animated menu's and the abysmally dubbed "headmasters episode". What is also worth noting is the superior cover art, which was donated by the UK fans to Maverick. This art was the UK 1 sheet poster. Also worth noting is the Dual UK rating scheme "PG Universal suitable for all" This is an error.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
...and the abysmally dubbed "headmasters episode".
[rant]For Once And For All[/rant], will someone PLEASE confirm whether or not this badly dubbed Headmasters episode that is an extra on the R2 version of The Movie is the same thing as the Headmasters episode(s) "Rebirth" on the Transformers: Heroes disc released in R1:
B00005BH20.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Thank you,

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Well, since you asked so nicely... ;)
No. The Headmasters episode is "Four Soldiers from the Sky", according to Blackstar and a couple other sites a quick Google search turned up...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Adam.
Apparently Google is better than my search engine, which is the crappy MS thing that they default to in the browser. I should've at least tried MetaCrawler. My bad.
Forgive the crappy tone of voice, *please*. I'm on pain pills today...toothache, and I can't see the dentist until next Thursday! Probably double root canal... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks