1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Transformers the movie... the live-action movie!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Thi Them, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Thi Them

Thi Them Well-Known Member

2. Tino

Tino Premium
    Supporter

Valentino
    Thi

I'll be seeing Don Murphy next week at the premiere of The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman (lucky me![​IMG]) and I'll see if I can get any more info straight from the source. Sounds really cool.

3. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Well-Known Member

Oh hell yeah...
    For a long time I've thought this would be a great idea, one that would really work. Technology's finally come far enough to do it right also. My only question is which edition of the Transformers do they use? I hope it's the 80s originals over Beast Wars or the more anime influenced Robots in Disguise. Give me the good old fashioned ones, although certainly update the cars to more modern ones, the VW hippie vans wouldn't look as good now. [​IMG]

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Well-Known Member

There is a lot of Transformers that never made it to the states. Headmasters, Transformers Victory, Masterforce and a ton of others made for the Japanese market specifically. Robots in Disguise (Car Robots) included. Any movie made, especially with Tom DeSanto at the helm would certainly be "classic"

5. Chucky P

Chucky P Well-Known Member

Charles Paulsen
    Will Stan Bush do the score for this one too? [​IMG]

You got the touch! You got the power!

6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Well-Known Member

Greg
    The Headmasters were cool. Didn't know they had their own animated series, but I remember the limited series comic book. I hope they make it in.

7. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Well-Known Member

8. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Well-Known Member

What exactly do they mean by live action? I doubt they're building animatronic transformers. Real vehicles? Real backgrounds?

9. FredK

FredK Well-Known Member

YES!

Couldn't be happier, G1 preferred but I'll take whatever we get. It'll be great to follow this one over the next couple of years. Any information anyone can get, true or false, is welcome by me!

10. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Well-Known Member

I'm not really that interested in this idea since I don't really have any nostalgia for the concept, but I admit that I'm curious to know if they're going to finally explain where Optimus Prime's trailer comes from when he goes to truck mode, or how Megatron and Soundwave shrink when they transform also [​IMG]

11. Dennis

Dennis Well-Known Member

This would be very interesting.

Hey Ricardo,

The Shogun Warriors would be a great idea!

12. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Well-Known Member

so transformers was not made in usa? who designed the robots?

13. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Well-Known Member

Transformers was a Japanese show.

14. Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T Well-Known Member

15. Bruce_S

Bruce_S Well-Known Member

Very interesting indeed. I'm not sure how they going to make it a live action flick. I would believe, they are going to use ALOT of miniatures models. Transformers back in the 80's was one of my favorite cartoons - As I recalled, these are giant machines that battles other machines and have some humans as their allies. I haven't seen the original cartoons for a long time now and the new one really sucks. I guess, we shall wait and see how this turns out.

-bruce

16. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Well-Known Member

17. nolesrule

nolesrule Well-Known Member

Joe Kauffman
    Even if the robots are CGI, how can you do a live action version of G1 without all the original robot voices? I mean come on.

No Chris Latta (Starscreem/Wheeljack/others)
    No Scatman Crothers (Jazz)
    No Don Messick (Gears/Ratchet/Scavenger)

There are other deceased voice actors I left out.

It's just not the same. Hell, when I see Optimus Prime on the new shows, I want to here Peter Cullen, and he's alive.

I do wonder if it'll be G1 or Armada or maybe even some new Transformers line as a way to push that new line of toys.

And Mark's right about the history. Hasbro (and Takara) had the idea to unite a bunch of different toylines from Japan together under a single toyline in the U.S. That's why you have all those sub-groups (dinosaurs, insects, jets, cars, mini-vehicles, combining teams, etc.). They then created the TV show to push the toys. It really was pure marketing genius.

It's got me buying the Commemorative G1 reissues, only because I never had them as a kid, except for Ratchet, Astrotrain, Galvatron and Wreck-Gar.

18. Gruson

Gruson Well-Known Member

G1 or nothing!!!

I want to see Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, Jazz, Ravage, etc.....I never felt the other series were half as good as G1.

I too would prefer the original voices too. You have to have Prime's voice in it!!!

19. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Well-Known Member

Well, from what I read, Transformers will all be "human who can transform into these robots" or something like that.

It should make for an interesting adaptation.

20. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Well-Known Member

I doubt Tom DeSanto would blaspheme with "transforming humans" BS. The man has ALWAYS in everything he's done so far (Galactica remake that got axed, X-Men etc) respected the source material