What's new

Transformers season 3 (1 Viewer)

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
It has begun again! Went to DDD.com for a crazy low price for this set. I'm finally getting the theme of the packaging from seeing this cover. Part 2 should be a fully together(transformed) autobot logo.:emoji_thumbsup: Hopefully GI Joe wont be far behind with an announcement. The pic is from Amazon.com. Deep DiscountDVD has it for 29 dollars and change!

Cover art

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I always like season 3 because it too place in outerspace rather than on earth. Cover art is cool too

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
I was just curious if anyone could confirm that the transformers season 3 part 1 set is 3 or 4 discs?

Thanks

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if it's old news or not, but there's a flyer in the box that says that the second half of season 3 will include season 4 in it. Just FYI.

I have been laughing myself stupid at the old Transformers public service announcements. What a hoot. :)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I've watched this set and have some observations.

Unlike the previous sets, this set contains the original audio tracks for each episode! So each episode has three audio tracks: messed up 5.1, messed up 2.0, and "Original Broadcast Audio" 2.0. (By a "messed up" audio track, I mean that Rhino has added extra sound effects that aren't supposed to be there.) Be sure to select the original track before you start watching.

Episodes 1,2, and 4 have the wrong opening credits sequence. These episodes should have the same opening sequence as episodes 3 and 5.

The episode "Dark Awakening" contains narration at the end of the episode telling you to tune in tomorrow for the "Return of Optimus Prime", but that episode is not even on the DVD set! The original version of "Dark Awakening" did not have that narration at the end. (The version that Rhino used aired the day before "The Return of Optimus Prime", obviously.) Rhino should have had audio track without the narration, and another audio track with the narration. (And neither track should have extra sound effects.)

The Public Service Announcements are great. But don't watch that documentary about the convention.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Well i got all the transformers box sets and i am glad they included the original soundtrack finally after a lot of complaining about the first 3 box sets. I still do like the 5.1 remixes though when i watch in my main HT room great surround effects.

Matt Rexer

Stunt Coordinator
Also, the episode order follows no logic I can determine. It's not in production order nor in aidate order. Anyone know where Rhino came up with their order?

I hate the 5.1 mixes on these. Goofy-sounding stuff, like an overzealously-mixed Hong Kong bootleg.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Also, the episode order follows no logic I can determine. It's not in production order nor in aidate order. Anyone know where Rhino came up with their order?
Three episodes in season 3 were produced and also aired out of order: "Starscream's Ghost", "Thief in the Night", and (a few episodes later) "Fight or Flee". But in this order made no sense.

In "Starscream's Ghost", Galvatron wants Octane killed for betraying him, and Autobot Sandstorm helps him escape. "Thief in the Night" shows how Octane betrayed Galvatron. In "Fight or Flee", the character Sandstorm is introduced. Rhino has put these episodes in a more logical order: "Fight or Flee", "Thief in the Night", and "Starscream's Ghost".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks