What's new

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Contest and Interview with Greg Russell on mixing for 7.1 Dolby Surro (1 Viewer)

Robert George

Screenwriter
Although I had already seen Transformers:DOTM, I picked the disc up last Friday with the intention of watching it later. I decided to pop the disc in for a quick look at the transfer just before heading to bed around 10:30pm. Two and a half hours later, I did finally make it to bed, with a pleasant 7.1 ringing in my ears ;-). This is among the most dynamic, immersive, and absorbing soundtracks one will find. Totally sucks you into the movie. Major kudos to the creative team that fashioned this thumper.

For reference I am running a full 9.2 rig with height channels and dual 15" Velodyne subs. If one has the system for it, my suggestion is to turn off the lights, crank this bitch to "11", and fasten your seat belt. Please keep your hands and feet inside the car until the ride comes to a complete stop.

Enjoy!

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I just set-up a new 7.1 system and I am thrilled with it. I couldn't imagine it could exceed 5.1 by much but was I wrong. I enjoyed this movie in the theatre and can't wait to see and hear how it translates to home theater.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I have always wondered what all of those buttons, knobs and sliders do on the mixing consoles. :) Still on 5.1, but can't wait to hear this mix none the less!

bipple305

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Lepak
I was shocked recently because Transformers 3 totally slipped by my radar. Not that I didn't know it was being made and that the talentless (but friggin beautiful) Megan Fox was replaced. But I didn't know that it went to theaters. I have been waiting for it and then I see that the Blu-rays are coming out and I start asking all my friends if the blu-ray is coming out the same time as the cinematic release to sort of fight piracy and all my friends looked at me like I had something wrong with me. Apparently I am the only one who missed that bus. :eek:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm actually kind of surprised Paramount went with Dolby TrueHD for this release. But then again, it is bare-bones, movie-only, with the special edition double-dip coming in a few months, according to Bay.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Watched it this weekend and as the wife put it, "it's dumb, but fun" and it has some spectacular sequences. I wouldn't mind owning it.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I'm 2 weeks away from finishing a brand new home theater... 7.2 sound. This would be a perfect demo. Can't wait.

hestar

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob Hestar
No Megan Fox?!?..A female lead with good acting finally!!!..No????..Well there's explosions and cool cgi sign me up :).

derrickdj1

Auditioning
Real Name
derrick
I like the kid in Transformers, and the non -stop action is great. I am into home theater and this is my kind of movie. I brought my HT mainly for intense movie special effects. Hop I win, lol.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
My kids can't wait to see our downtown get destroyed again. Am holding out for the next version but this will make the wait easier!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks