What's new

TRANSFORMERS arrives on Earth in spectacular DVD and HD DVD sets (1 Viewer)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
EDIT: OCT. 17th, 2007 - See page 11 for actual HD DVD digital-1080p-pics - Movie Scenes / HUD & WEB Enabled GPS Next Generation Features.

From Director Michael Bay and Executive Producer Steven Spielberg Comes the BIGGEST Original Blockbuster of the Year, TRANSFORMERS - September 05, 2007 08:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Can't wait for Amazon to add this to their HD DVD pre-order list!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Transformer Bumblebee Unleased by Hasbro

EDIT: September 7, 2007 11:00 pm PRE-Order is UP @ Amazon w/10% OFF = $25.15!!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

FYI: Check out the new Amazon webpage! :eek:

Phil

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Paramount needs to get their act together because this HD DVD release should have a lossless audio track or is it because they don't have the room for one?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm looking for answers because this is the type of title that should have a lossless audio track on any released HD format.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
While I don't disagree that lossless should accompany this type of title release the question is whether this due to capacity constraints or a matter of studio policy with regards to lossless, or something else. I'm sure that some folks have already made up their minds about this, but it's all just opinions; so whatever.

Personally, I'm pretty stoked about this release and look forward to re-experiencing this film on HD DVD. DD+ isn't lossless, but it isn't exactly chopped liver either.

- Walter.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I agree that there is no good excuse not to include a lossless track on such a high profile, action-packed movie such as Transformers. However, if it's due to space constraints, then I understand it as I wouldn't want the video compromised in any manner. I'm sure the DD+ will sound great, however, I thought we were striving for the optimal on HD?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
No Lossless and it's a 2 disc set. No excuse. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I don't think it was a space issue. With a 2 disc set, space can't be it.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
If the culprit is a space/bandwidth issue (which I suspect it is), well.....I won't go further, except to say that I wish they had stayed neutral. I liked getting to choose from the best of both worlds.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
The bigger news here is this won't be a combo-only release like many were anticipating.
Transformers, it looks like, won't be the release that pole-vaults HD DVD pasts BD this year.

1.x:1 and 2:1 ratios are here to stay for a while.

Flemming.K

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! Thats really some lousy audio specs on that HD-DVD release.

Now I understand Bays initial fury about Paramount going HD-DVD. He is obsessed with visuals and sound and now this will fail to deliver the best in the audio category.

I for one, am not delivering 30 bucks, for a DD5.1+ soundtrack.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Personally, ... I'm looking forward to view all the HDi PiP exclusives on ...

Disc 1:
-- TRANSFORMERS H.U.D. (Heads Up Display)--In this mode, viewers can access running text-based behind-the-scenes background information
on the production during the feature. Users can also watch relevant
picture-in-picture b-roll and video with Bay, Spielberg
and other
filmmakers during select sequences.

and Web Internet Exclusives:
-- TRANSFORMERS Intelligence Mode web-enabled features consist of:
-- Transformation Mode
-- Health Meter
-- Weapon Mode
-- Robot Bio
-- In Scene Indicator
-- Text Ticker
-- GPS

As far as audio, TrueHD would be nice (possibly an upcoming Paramount double dip future Ultimate Version?) but as Kris Deering (Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity MAG) wrote @ AVS ...

Full resolution 1.5MBps DD+ will sound glorious! :D

Phil

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I got into home theater to replicate, as closely as possible, the theater experience at home. That means the highest resolution video AND AUDIO I can get. If HD-DVD's space and bandwidth limitations mean compromising either video or audio just for fancy interactive features then count me out.

I was planning on picking up the Samsung dual format player coming out in a few weeks and going format neutral, but I think I may have to cancel those plans if this is any indication of what the future holds for HD-DVD. The Look and Sound of Perfect. Guess they forgot about the sound part.

Jon Moss

Stunt Coordinator
I'll buy it, the lack of lossless audio is not a dealbreaker for me. Plus this is exactly the kind of movie to show off your HD system!!

However, there is a disturbing trend of some studios who are putting far too much attention into the interactive "extras" on these big releases. Features you'll only play around with once or twice at the most.

The priority first & foremost should be on the video & audio quality of the MAIN FEATURE.. you know, the actual film we're buying the disc to watch! I want the main feature with the least amount of compression and the best quality audio available, and not just on the blockbuster titles, but on EVERY HD title. If it means dropping extras or putting them on a 2nd disc then so be it.

If I want interactive stuff I'll play my Xbox 360. Remember all those highly touted New Line Platinum Series DVD's packed with exclusive extras (such as Austin Powers, Lost in Space etc)? How many times did you play around with the extra features on those titles? I'm guessing most people probably watched them once then never touched them again..

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I might want lossless audio on this release, but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Crawdaddy

Jim-J

Agent
Transformers HD-DVD-“The Look and Sound of Almost Perfect”

So much for Paramount flexing it muscles with such a High profile release

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks