What's new

Transformers 3 (1 Viewer)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Let's see, 9 autobots against 200 decepticons. Oh yeah, taking prisoners was an option. The WTF moment was that the autobots were even prisoners at all. Decepticons have never even hinted at such an action and the autobots were in a fight to the death so I'm not quite sure why they would have ever surrendered. I see Optimus Prime a bit simpler. He believes the transformers had their chance on their world and screwed it all up and he will defend Earth's inhabitants from the decepticons and let us save or destroy ourselves. Besides, if the autobots didn't kill of the decepticons, Earth's governments sure would have and for damn good reason, surrender or not.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
More to this auction than meets the eye: Wife forces sale of £200k Transformer collection to pay off the mortgage

It was a childhood hobby that became a lifelong obsession. As the years went by, Shane Fenton’s collection of cult Transformer toys just grew and grew. and grew.

Not just in volume but also in value, they are worth a cool £200,000. Impressive – except his partner has now stepped in to insist that he sells his stash of the Japanese-inspired toys to pay off the mortgage... or else.

Mr Fenton’s obsession began when he was given a Trans-robo, Transformers’ Japanese predecessor, as his first ever toy when he was just three-years-old.

Now a technical instructor for a marine company, his passion has never dwindled – and he has even forked out $26,000 on a U.S. collecting website in the past six years.

Almost every one of the items are in sealed boxes and still in mint condition. And he has researched each item online to estimate how much his vast collection is worth.

The thought of parting with his vast collection upsets him but he accepts he has to think of the future.

He said: ‘My biggest fear is that if we have kids, they might rip them open and play with them. If I keep collecting I’d need a bigger house to store them all and the only way I can get a bigger house is to sell them. It’s a catch 22.’ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010581/Wife-forces-sale-200k-Transformer-collection-pay-mortgage.html

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I saw both tf 3 and larry crowne. both are fine movies and for differnt audience. its a very simple romantic comedy. its certainly a better "teacher" movie then say bad teacher. Jacob

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
First of all, how can that guy above have all those Transformers, but not take most of them out of the package?! That's the fun of having them -- especially Transformers, they're packaged as cars, not the robots. Who wants to look at that all day? Now, in terms of the movie, I'm with Chuck. I thought it was dreadfully dull. I've never seen a movie be so loud, so busy, so expensive, and so boring, all at the same time. I also agree with Chuck in that Sam Witwicky's character is such an unlikeable douche that I was disconnected from him and much of the movie. Malcovich and Turturo's characters added some laughs, which helped break it up. The thing that really bugged me about the movie was all of the plot holes. If this movie was the alphabet, you know A to Z, it was missing C,D,H,K,L,Q,R,S,V,and X. I just really hated it. Check my profile, I don't hate movies a lot. But I really hated this one. Doug

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Cory S. said:
So let me get this right; Megatron, from the first film, wanted the All Spark to transform human technology and take over Earth. That's Sam's and the Autobots assumption from the first film. But, as we learned in the second film, he was actually a Seeker amongst many Seekers working for the Fallen. Megatron was sent to find the All Spark so the Fallen could use it to find the location of the Matrix of Leadership in order to reactivate the Sun Harvester. With it, the Fallen and Megatron could destroy the Earth's Sun, harvest it's energy and rebuild Cybertron. So far so good right? But, Bay and Kruger decide that all of that was bull**** so they devise a plot that says that Megatron was ALSO plotting with Sentinel Prime during the Cyberton War that would use new technology that only Prime can use that would bring Cyberton into Earth's orbit, harvest the Earth's natural resources and then use humans as slaves to rebuild Cybertron. Oh and that bull**** about Optimus Prime being the last of the Primes was also **** because there's actually one more on the Moon. I'm a big Bay apologist but even I can't buy the damn plot to this film. He basically retconned his first two films with this picture.
And here I thought nobody could possibly follow (or care about) the plots of these movies. You've proven me wrong. Well done, sir. Well done :D

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I did smile when I remembered that one of the whatever minibots from the beginning was watching Star Trek and proclaimed this was "the one where Spock goes crazy". Thanks for the random foreshadowing from one of the eventual heroes of the film. Along with Hobo Megatron, the other hero. Ummm, what?!?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
150mins of cacophonous explosions in the third dimension, an assault on the senses!! Damn you Michael Baaaay!!! People say this 3rd instalment is better than the 2nd but they all seem the same to me, robots clash, cities fall, Shia running around like a headless chicken, Bay's camera up some new chicks ass, the camera never stops moving it's always on the prowl, low shots of guys framed like gods against the filtered skies. Silly mini-robots with funny voices, Turturro unleashed and running riot, this one has the added bonus of John Malkovich chewing up the scenery and Leonard Nimoys growling robot voice. The 3D was great and I didn't leave the theater cross-eyed. I got me my money's worth. 4 out of 5.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Steve Christou said:
150mins of cacophonous explosions in the third dimension, an assault on the senses!! Damn you Michael Baaaay!!! People say this 3rd instalment is better than the 2nd but they all seem the same to me, robots clash, cities fall, Shia running around like a headless chicken, Bay's camera up some new chicks ass, the camera never stops moving it's always on the prowl, low shots of guys framed like gods against the filtered skies. Silly mini-robots with funny voices, Turturro unleashed and running riot, this one has the added bonus of John Malkovich chewing up the scenery and Leonard Nimoys growling robot voice. The 3D was great and I didn't leave the theater cross-eyed. I got me my money's worth. 4 out of 5.

Thank God I'm not the only one! I loved it and the plot was taken directly from one of the episodes of the series where Megatron (or was it Starscream?) attempt to use the space bridge to bring Cybertron into our atmosphere. The last hour or so was freakin' sweet, if you go to see giant robots battle it out this one reigns supreme in that category and most of all I did care about what was happening. When Bumblebee was about to be executed I was almost jumping out of my seat, if he had died I would have bawled like a sissy. I had no problem whatsoever with some of the issues mentioned in this thread, Prime being a psycho for one, he took those evil bastards out for good and I cheered while he did it. :D They also cut down on the vulgar tom foolery of the second one as well (robots and dogs humping) which I appreciated, this one went darker and at this point in the series is precisely what it needed. IMO it was the best one yet and knowing how much Bay is addicted to chaos I hope that he'll do another.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I saw it last night in IMAX 3D, and while I enjoyed it for what it was worth, I was a little disappointed. The 3D effect seemed to be almost non existent. There were only a few times in the movie where I was actually reminded that I was watching a 3D movie. The birdman suit sequence was probably the most effective use of the 3D. Pretty much everything else seemed flat.

Even at over 2.5 hours, the movie seemed like it got hammered by cuts and a ton of stuff was dropped. There were several times during the movie where I was actually convinced that I had missed a scene or reel or something. I was like 'wait, what, how did we get to this scene?'. An example would be during the final battle, Optimus says "I've lost my trailer, I need my flying unit". The next time we see him, he's actually in the air flying around! Huh? How did that happen? This is just one example that stands out in my mind. That same exact thing happened several times during the movie. Maybe we'll get a directors cut that fills in the missing stuff.

The movie did deliver on stuff blowing up real good, which is what I wanted, so I was happy overall, but the plot really needs a lot of work.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Quick question - is this movie suitable for 6-8 year olds ? Lots of people seem to be saying Bay has toned it down in this one and they don't mind robot violence

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Originally Posted by Simon Massey

When humans get zapped they vaporise in a cloud of dust, similar to what we see in Spielberg's War of the Worlds. There was one use of the word Fuck I think was uttered by Shia. I may be wrong.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would say that the humans being vaporized might be a tad much for kids but that's me, also at one point Laserbeak zaps a large bird out of the sky.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Inspector Hammer! said:
I would say that the humans being vaporized might be a tad much for kids but that's me...
Yeah, I don't know anything about kids but I would think that some under the age of 10 or so might be bothered by that. Granted, if I saw this movie when I was 6 or 8, I'd have found that stuff totally cool. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks