What's new

Transferring data from one SD card (1 Viewer)

Palmega

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Palme
I have tried transferring photos from one SD card to another using my computer. But when I try to 'drag' a photo into the empty SD card, a message popr up saying the SD card is write-protected.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not even close to home theater but I'll answer.
Have you checked the write-protect switch on the SD card?
http://popstips.lefora.com/2011/01/10/sd-card-stuck-in-write-protect-mode/

Palmega

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Palme
Hi Robert,
Yes I looked at that and it was unlocked. I even tried it when the switch was in the locked position just to make sure the switch was labelled correctly but still no luck. I have tried a number of SD cards and it's always the same problem.
I have also put the SD card into the camera & taken a photo just to make sure it works. It just will not let me drag a photo from one SD card to another. I have even tried 3 computers and have had the same problem.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They are cheap. Buy a new SD card. If your current one is under warranty, send it in. I've had very good luck with OCZ cards. Out of a few dozen, only one has gone bad and they replaced it for free.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I get this issue from time to time even on quality brands like SanDisk and PNY. My solution is usually to use a different card reader than the one built in to the PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks