1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Traffic: The Miniseries

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Raasean Asaad, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Well-Known Member

I've been watching and so far it seems to have captured the feel of the movie. Is this similar in style to Traffik? And how can I get my hands on that?

2. Mike Huber

Mike Huber Active Member

i fell asleep during half of it. Was not overly impressed with it myself. They should have made it 1 hour episodes. This 2 hours killed me.

3. DeborahK

DeborahK Well-Known Member

Raasean,

The original "Traffik" miniseries is available on DVD in region 1. (I know because I own it.) You ought to be able to buy this from any of the usual US on-line distributors.

Hope that helps,

Deborah

4. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Well-Known Member

Thanks [​IMG]

5. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Well-Known Member

To my mind the gritty feel of this new miniseries is closer to Traffik than the movie. For the record I liked Traffik more than the movie.

6. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Traffik, but I plan on picking it up over the weekend... wonder how it compares w/ Traffic (mini series).

I know that 2 hours of TV watching can be a little arduous...i TiVoed it... primarily bc I have so much to do that time of the evening, that I wouldn't get a good viewing otherwise.

From what I've seen, I've been pretty impressed. I like how they've branched out from the usual sex, drugs and money.

Any other thoughts?

7. todd stone

todd stone Well-Known Member

fell asleep during it [​IMG]

8. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Well-Known Member

I just finished watching it. I had to record it since I could not watch the original broadcast. As a matter of fact I recorded the six hour telecast on Super Bowl Sunday as I was at a friends watching the game.

I have to admit I was impressed. Especially considering that there was every possible reason to be wary of its quality. I like all the sub-plots and was pretty much satisfied with the way they tied together. I also liked some of the red herrings that were thrown especially the fate of the cargo container. Did not like to the sub-plot of the taxi driver, it seemed out of place. I'd like to see more.