What's new

Toy Story 1 & 2, which is the "best" version? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Audio and video quality, extras, etc.

My kids are finally old enough to watch this, and somehow I only ended up with this 1 disc version of TS2:

Amazon.com: Toy Story 2: Tim Allen, Jodi Benson, Joan Cusack, R. Lee Ermey, Kelsey Grammer, Tom Hanks, Estelle Harris, Wayne Knight, John Lasseter, Laurie Metcalf, John Morris (III), Annie Potts, Joe Ranft, John Ratzenberger, Don Rickles, Wallace Sha

So now I want to get Toy Story, or both of them, if there's a better version of TS 2.

I see there's a 2005 10th anniv edition out for Toy Story, and then also from 2005, a 2 disc SE set for TS 2.

??

Thanks !!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's a tough call. The 2000 "Ultimate Toy Box" is pretty great, but it's also out of print, I think. In addition, the more recent versions offer DTS tracks that weren't available in the "UTB".

I'd say to grab those 2-disc editions. They include most - if not all - of the supplements from the "UTB", and they offer superior sound...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd say to get the two disc version for the same reasons too. The main thing that isn't ported over from The Ultimate Toy Box is the sound effects-only soundtrack (there may be a few other things here and there but I can't remember them).

Purely SPECULATION on my part but since Toy Story 3 is coming out next summer, it seems possible that there may be a new box set at the end of 2010. I imagine your kids don't want to wait 18 months to see the movie though.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks