What's new

Towers & surrounds with $600-$800. Suggestions please! (1 Viewer)

KenY

Grip
Real Name
Kenny Youngers
I'm leaning towards a Pioneer vsx-1121 receiver, & a Cadence sub. So that leaves Me with $600-800 for towers, center, & rear surrounds. Any suggestions welcome! I haven't shopped for speakers for awhile...our music is mainly rock & hard rock, & we love action movies.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
http://www.fluance.com/fluanceavhtb.html Throw in the BIC F12 as the sub. With shipping you are right around $600.

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Newegg often has Polk Monitor series speakers on sale; you should be able to pick up a pair of Monitor-70s, a center, and surrounds (either Monitor-50s if you want floor-standers, or Monitor-30s/40s if you want bookshelves). I went with the Monitor-70 / CS2 / Monitor-50 combo and got a complete 7.0 speaker setup for $775. If you're doing 5-channel instead of 7, you'll probably come in around $600. Definitely better sound than a home-theater-in-a-box. I definitely recommend the Monitor-70 over the Monitor-50 for front channels as they not only have more bass, but overall noticeably better sound quality.

KenY

Grip
Real Name
Kenny Youngers
Cool! Thanks! I checked em out, and they look great! I'm thinkin 70s, 40s, and cs2. I can do that for around $670. Awesome.Thanks again!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I really like the Polks as a "budget" speaker. The 70s are very nice. I have them in my livingroom system. They are regularly on sale for $180 each, so wait for the sale. CS2 is often $100 and the 40s are $120. So wait for them to ge on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks