What's new

Tower Subs: How to Secure them from Falling (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I plan to buy tower subs rather than boxes. I have a big dog that bumps into everything. Even though many towers are not top heavy, I would like some ideas on how to secure a pair in a corner. My dog can knock anything down.

Ideas please.

Thanks in advance.

Artie

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
haha.. is your dog drunk or something? When I read your problem I pictured a big dog walking all wobly cause he was drunk :)

AS for holding it down? no clue.. You could try putting up something in front of it so the dog does not goto the sub. Like a sting or something he wont walk through

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator
You could attatch an eye hook to the wall and to a place in the sub that won't cause too much of a problem(only if you have to though) and then could wire the sub to the wall.

Rogelio D

Agent
I used the eye hook method when I had youngsters wobbling about. One of them had toppled one of my then tower speakers.

I think I eye-hooked the speaker and then eye hooked the entertainment center and connected them with some wire or something. I believe I used a fairly small eye hook and it worked great.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
If you buy SVS cylinder subs they need a 30 degree tilt before you reach a critical angle. They have the heavy woofer right at the bottom. Hard to get it tilted over that far. Thanks to a very low centre of gravity. :)

If you buy HSU the driver is at the top. Very high centre of gravity. Work it out for yourself. Which would you prefer if you were the dog? Something that didn't fall on you! :D

ChrisBee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks