What's new

Tournament: Best "One Day" Movies (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Tommy,
You may be right. It's tough for me to let go of the book, in which all the action in Oz takes place over a long period of time (she was a prisoner in the castle of the Wicked Witch of the West for months if I recall correctly), but clearly the movie speeds up the action, and adds the whole dream idea (in the book she really went there).
Anyway, as you say, we can make Jason decide. :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
My take on the Oz issue, is that that in the rules set up by Jason he states:
I'll say that flashbacks are okay, IF they are very brief and very few.
Although a dream sequence is technically not a flashback, it is the same for all practical purposes. Which means that 95% of the movie is a part of the dream (or flashback). I think that it is therefore disqualified.
Of course Jason gets the say.
Jason?

I nominate:
D.O.A.
Let It Ride
The Gumball Rally
Quick Change
I'll second:
Dazed & Confused
The Taking Of Pelham 1-2-3
Wait, The Gumball Rally is longer than a day.
I'll change it to:
Vanishing Point

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Jason hasn't posted anywhere on HTF since the 13th. I guess I could take it over, but not until Saturday maybe. Let's see if he shows up before then.

If I do, I'm going to start my own thread. It's a bitch not being able to update the first post so that people coming into the tourney new can see in the front post what's going on.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I won't be able to take this over until probably the middle of next week at the earliest. Maybe Jason will come back before then.

Users who are viewing this thread