1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Touch - Season One

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Matt Hough, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

Very strong finale, in my opinion. Maria Bello is an excellent addition to the cast; she brings a lot of the same qualities that make Keifer Sutherland so great in this. And unlike Tim Kring's last show, it really feels like "Touch" knows where it's going next season.

2. David Weicker

David Weicker Well-Known Member

David
    I really liked tonight's finale. It was great how they worked so many previous 'touched' into it.
    I agree that Maria Bello was good (I liked her Prime Suspect - one of the few).
    And a great ending. No real loose-ends/cliffhangers, but plenty of room to keep going
    And even though I expected what happened in the final scene, it still got to me.
    As for Kring's last series (I assume you are referring to Heroes, which I loved - all four seasons), he was a victim of his own success. He knew where he wanted to go (drop all the current characters and start afresh), but the audience didn't want to go there (we wanted more of these same characters), so he had to double back, and there was some drifting.
    David

3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    A beautiful season finale. It worked its magic on me and had me weeping at the end. Exactly the kind of season finale I wish more shows would do (rather than all the mayhem and shock moments).

4. Adam Lenhardt

I happened to watch it with my mother, and the ending had her crying too.
    I thought it was smart not to reveal Amelia in the finale, too. Whether she's introduced at the start of season 2, or whether the through line for season 2 is the search for Amelia, the producers will have all summer to cast the three years older Amelia, rather than picking a kid out of the small pool immediately available for filming.

5. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Well-Known Member

The show that reliably moved my (late) mother to tears was 'Life Goes On'.

6. NeilO

NeilO Well-Known Member

Yes, it was a great finale. I'm glad we didn't have to wait a week between part 1 and part 2. His son holding his hand right there at the end was a great touch.

7. Stan

Stan Premium
    Supporter

Shows like this are so hard to join in on if you haven't been part of it since the beginning. You take what looks good, roll the dice and hope for the best.
    There are so many duds that run 2,3, 5 episodes, etc. that it's hard to get involved in something and find it cancelled in a few weeks. Then you have the good ones, where it's hard to step in at episode 7 and hope you can catch on.
    Any word on whether Touch may be repeated this summer or is there a good way to get a decent synopsis of what's been missed?
    I chose Grimm and Body of Proof from the beginning and am glad I did, but also chose a few that will never see the light of day again like Unforgettable and A Gifted Man. For the survivors, any advice on how to get up to speed before they start showing again this fall? There may be a few repeats before fall, but not enough to fully expose you to the entire season.
    From what I've been picking up, Revenge and Touch seem to be the main ones I'm missing and would like to catch up on.

8. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Well-Known Member

I almost never have to worry about stuff like this. I have a HTPC with gargantuan hard drives and it can record 3 (safely) or 4 (maybe some skipping) shows at the same time off network TV. Then I use my DVR to record cable channels. If I'm even remotely interested, I go ahead and record shows. I can always delete them later. Then there's the streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, and the TV network sites themselves. I don't much follow the streaming (since I record stuff), but I know a lot is streamed. I'd look into if Touch is streamed if I were you (start with Fox). Then you can catch up (it wasn't a full season), before Season 2.

9. NeilO

NeilO Well-Known Member

There are quite a few episodes available on Fox.com and Hulu.
    The note on Hulu for the show says, "Episodes 1 to 3 and 9 are available until July 15, in addition to the 5 episodes that are regularly available." The "five episodes are the ones on FOX.com - 8, 9, and 10 (for everyone) plus 11 and 12 (the season finale 2 episodes) are available through your cable or satellite provider access, but those will be unlocked in about a week.

10. Stan

Stan Premium
    Supporter

Thanks for the info Neil, I'll have to dig a little deeper but looks like I can catch up before the new season starts.
    With all the new ways to access shows, sometimes forget that there is almost always a way to catch up on older episodes.

11. Adam Lenhardt

12. Adam Lenhardt

So what did everybody think of last night's new "Touch"? I thought it did a good job of subverting both my usual expectations and the show's usual formula.

13. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

I didn't know it was on. I'll have to check it out On Demand some time. The new season doesn't really start until late October, right?

14. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Well-Known Member

I thought it was a disappointing episode. The characters seemed to be a long way from home and there were few surprises. The story also felt like it wrapped up quickly and had a few holes.
    Was this episode supposed to be part of Season 1?

15. Adam Lenhardt

Correct. Fox billed it as a "bonus" episode. I believe it was made, like the Fringe episode "Unearthed", because the show had received a 13-episode pickup but Fox had only scheduled 12 slots for the show in its spring schedule. They still needed to make the episode because the foreign broadcasters had been promised all 13 episodes.
    As John touched upon, it was very much deliberately a standalone episode. You can skip it and not feel like you've missed anything heading into Season 2. Chronologically, it seems to take place after Martin and Jake fled New York in the pastor's car but before they reached the west coast and met Lucy.

16. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I found it enjoyable. I liked getting the backstory and seeing the life that was left behind to go to NYC. I'll look forward to the new season. The episode reminded me that I did like the series and want to see more.

17. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation. Going in I thought it was an early look at season two, so I kept asking myself where's the woman he met on the pier?