What's new

Toshiba releases firmware 2.7-3.0 for A2/A3/A20/A30/A35/XA2 (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
you mean my X-A2 can bitstream DTS-MA? Cool! but what discs have that? I have almost 30 HD-DVDs and none even has vanilla DTS AFAIK.

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
I have an A2. Now that the format war is over and provided its possible, what do you think are the chances that Toshiba would supply 1080p/24 support in a future firmware upgrade? Sort of a "good will" gesture..? Slim to none?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Just did an upgrade on my A3 via Ethernet and my firmware now reads 3.0/1.1

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I own (or have registered to me) a Toshiba XA1, XA2, A2 and A35. I received 3.0 update discs for the XA2 an the A3, but nothing for the XA1 or A2. It might be that Toshiba is rolling out the 3.00 firmware upgrade in stages, or maybe there isn't any planned or needed for the XA1 and A2. Just my observation on all of this.

Also, I had some trouble staying connected to the Toshiba web site (my end is fine as I use a high speed FIOS connection that works well with all my other equipment online connections) so after several "partial" update failures I went with the tried and true disc versions. Maybe it was a traffic problem at the time. Whatever. My XA2 and A35 are now at v3.0 firmware.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

There was a response card that you should have filled out when you received your HD-DVD player. Otherwise I would suggest going to the Toshiba web site to find out the registration process. I believe that at one time you could actually burn a CD with the firmware updates from their site but I've not used that. Also, I'm not sure if that's still applicable or if I'm confusing it with another site's support.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I just finished updating my XA2 with the CD which arrived in the mail from Toshiba today.

If anyone needs the CD, let me know and I'll be happy to mail it to you.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I saw some comments on AVS that there might be some problems with 3.0. Can't remember the details, maybe with 1080p24 ...

DeeF

Screenwriter
I can't update my A35. It won't accept my Ethernet connection (cable modem), and it won't read any of the disks I made from the ISO image.

A number of my disks won't play on this player at all, including The Searchers and Children of Men.

Users who are viewing this thread