1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba MT8 Picture sizing question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mark Anthony, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Second Unit

I did try the search but it wasn't working...

I have a Toshiba MT8 DLP projector and miscalculated the screen size, as a result even on minimum zoom the projected image is slightly too big for the screen - it will be a real pain to get a different mounting bracket, does anyone know if hidden in the service menu is a way to shrink the vertical and horizontal image size - like on most tv's and if so, how?!

Your help is much appreciated

Regards

MA

2. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

I have the Infocus 7200, which is essentially the same projector. I do not know what the service menu provides. The only thing I can think of from a user settings perspective is to engage overscan, which has a very small impact on image size (and I believe moreso wrt to width than height). Besides remounting the pj a bit closer, maybe you can use a black border around the screen to mask the excess picture, if you don't lose significant picture info in the process. I assume there's no way to actually move the screen out from the wall, but if a small movement is all that was needed, then the black border would suffice, IMO. I don't know if digital keystoning may work, but it may be worth a try. Any option to get a bigger screen?

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Doug

3. PaulHeroy

PaulHeroy Stunt Coordinator

Have a look here for some info. I'm sorely tempted by the Toshiba MT8 which is being sold by projector.com for an astounding price of $5595.

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Paul,

Thanks for the link. The threads I miss by not reading AVS for a few days [​IMG] . I have an MX-700 so will import this device file and try out these functions the next time I fire up the pj.

Doug