What's new

Toshiba Deal, Do It or Wait? Advice Needed!! (1 Viewer)

Todd_K

Grip
I have been researching HDTVs for awhile and made the mistake of going out to look at them this weekend. What do you think of this deal. For $2300 I could get either a Toshiba 57HDX82 or a Mits 55411 and both would include delivery, a 5-year service plan (one a year cleaning) and a dvd player. Or I could get either for about $1900 and none of the above mentioned.

Should 1) jump on this and then 2) which tv to get?

I thought the Toshiba had a better picture and liked the way it looks better, but I also like the Mits and the reputation it has.

Thanks in advance for any advice/recommendations.

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
My buddy bought the 57HDX80 last year for 2800.00 delivered so it looks like a good deal.I like the Toshiba better than the Gold series Mits, but that's just my opinion.I feel extended warranties are generaly a ripoff but I'm sure many will disagree.The bottom line is to buy the one you think looks best but be aware that pic quality varies greatly between DVD, cable DTV.I bought the Pioneer SD 553 HD5 for about the same $ a month ago, It's smaller at 53 inch but I highly reccomend.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I love my 42H81 Toshiba, but I'd be wary of the HDX82 line. Lots of people are having trouble with them. Search this forum for more info.

Personally, I'd wait a bit and see what the 2003 models offer, which could include a lower price.

Jan

ColinW

Agent
I have had a 57HDX82 for more than two months now and I love it. The picture is excellent for DVD and the stretch modes make satellite TV look decent at full screen size. I have read many of the criticisms of the Tosh line, however I have not seen anything wrong with mine and it has been getting heavy use for a couple of months now. I am sure you will enjoy the set and it seems as though you got a good price.

Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks