What's new

Toshiba and Panasonic DVD Players (1 Viewer)

Travis_K

Auditioning
As I have been reading these forums I have many good things about both companies. Is there any real difference in the picute and sound quality of their Progressive DVD players? And if so, what models will perform better.

I just bought my first HDTV and am looking to buy a new DVD player and any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
The Panasonic's (RP82, RP-62 and CP-72) have the very good Faroudja chipset. I don't think I've seen or heard anyone unhappy with the picture quality of those players. There's nothing wrong with the Toshiba's, the 4700/4800 has a nice picture as well. The sound should all be handled by your receiver so I don't think you'll notice a different between the two brands unless you use the analog connections.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I have the Toshiba DVD player you are talking about hooked up via component cables to a Samsung HDTV and I think the picture is outstanding. I think both Toshiba and Panasonic make quality DVD players so if you can get a good deal on either one, then the choice is already made...

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The reason I ask this is because I can pick up RP62 or Toshiba for about $115 new.
Not a bad price on the RP62 considering Best Buy wants $179.00 for it. I take it you are getting an employee discount from somewhere.

I've been using a Panasonic "32" for some time now. I'm very impressed with the quality of the device. If I had more $$ at the moment, I would jump on the RP82.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks