What's new

Toshiba A2 strange issue with a B&W movie (1 Viewer)

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
I tried to play "Night of the Living Dead" Millennium Edition SD-DVD on my A2 last night and I noticed that the it was flicking colour from red, green, and "black and white". Looks steady B&W on my pioneer DV-263a (still hooked through S-Video for SACD & DVD-A).
I have a LG 42PC3D at the max 1080i hooked through HDMI. Set combinations of 1080i and 480p and adjusting the output to "Film" and "Video" without difference. The RGB output is set to standard, not enhanced. Tried "Sanjoro" and it looked fine, but i opened the VOB of NotLD on my computer and went frame by frame to show pure B&W.

Any insight on why this is happening?

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Weird. I'll give my NotLD Millennium Edition a try tonight to see if I get the same results as you on my A2. Was this a constant thing? Did it occur at a particular scene?

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Unfortunately, it looks the same way on my A2 as well. I didn't know what to expect based on your description, but for anyone else interested - it's like someone has your TV remote in their hand and they keep messing with the tint settings. It continuously goes from a typical B&W image to a B&W image with a hint of red tint, then a hint of green tint and just cycles like this every 2 or 3 seconds.

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
Weird isn't it. I have a theory that it is cycling red, green, and blue. We are seeing a B&W image instead of blue. Thankfully my wife loves Hotel California in 5.1 PCM, otherwise I wouldn't have the other DVD player hooked up. The picture is not a clear with the S-Video hook up, but it's OK for NotLD. It reminds me of the old crappy VHS I had.
By the way, fear not, I will not resort to the 30th anniversary edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks