What's new

Toshiba 65H83 problem... I'm scared (1 Viewer)

BretWeaver

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a toshiba 65H83 at sears about 7 months ago and lately (in the lase couple of months) I've noticed that sometimes, most often while watching DVDs or HDTV, it looks like the black is flashing to a red/brown and back to black... not on a regular pattern but like there is a loose cable connection. I've checked all my connections so I know thats not it, plus it does it with both DVDs and HDTV (I have dvd running thru DVI and HDTV thru component) so I'm thinking it has to be a problem with the TV. I haven't calibrated it via sound and vision but I have done it by eye so the brightness level and contrast level are not at show room settings. What do you guys think?

EDIT: One more thing... on movies with the THX splash screen I notice that I dont get the blue border bar on the far right of the screen... so it looks to me like my projector in the rear of the set is out of alignment. Again, what does this sound like to the experts?

Bret

TV: Toshiba 65H83
Reciever: Onkyo 700
DVD player: Samsung HD931
Fronts: Polk RTi70
Center: Polk CSi40
Rears: Polk FXi30
Sub: Velodyne CHT-10

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The flicker issue was specifically related to the impregnated cathode CRT design used in the Cinema Series sets, so this isn't exactly the same problem, but there's definitely something amiss. A service call is in order here.

BretWeaver

Stunt Coordinator
When I called toshiba to report the question they asked where I had purchased it from. When I told them sears they said that they couldn't service the unit as sears buys the service right to their products when they sell them and I would have to contact sears. I haven't been able to get through to sears yet but is this bull or the truth?

Bret

TV: Toshiba 65H83
Reciever: Onkyo 700
DVD player: Samsung HD931
Fronts: Polk RTi70
Center: Polk CSi40
Rears: Polk FXi30
Sub: Velodyne CHT-10

Larry Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
That's very possible. We have a Panasonic microwave purchased from Sears and any warranty work has to be done by Sears for the reason you mentioned. Sears probably gets special pricing because of this policy. The manufacturer doesn't have to do any warranty work on those lines and therefore can sell to Sears for less.

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks