What's new

Toshiba 65H82 Maintenance (1 Viewer)

DavidNewell

Auditioning
I just purchased a new Toshiba 65H82 at Fry's for 1699.

I can honestly say I wasn't planning on purchasing my Widescreen HDTV this weekend, but the price was just so good, I couldn't resist. I picked up a quality surge protector and a color/contrast/sharpness disc to help me calibrate it.

There was one issue I had with the Toshiba 65H82, and that revolves around maintenance. Obviously the first thing I'm going to do is to calibrate the color/contrast of the TV with my disc. How often should I do this? Also, should I pick up any maintenance package on the TV over and above what Toshiba offers to realign the rear projectors? If so, how long should I get a maintenance package? Fry's is running about 70 dollars a year, and the guy at the store (dubious source, I know) told me they recalibrate their sets every 6 months.

Is this something I'm going to do, and should pay for? I imagine my 65H82 will be my primary TV and get about 4-6 hours a day of programming. I figure 50-50 480p DVD's, and 4:3 (I'll probably use zoom features as much as possible) programming for the first month or so, and then a 3 way split between 4:3 split using zoom, HBO HDTV, and Widescreen DVD's.

Thanks,

Dave Newell

Alan M

Second Unit
Congrats on your new set,I own the same rptv which was purchased at frys.
By all means get the extended warrenty from frys.It will help you sleep better knowing your covered.
I'm getting close to the 100hr mark on my set and no problems as of yet.I did call toshiba right after setting up my tv and had them come out and check that the guns hadnt loosened and that convengence was set correctly.
Since then,Ive checked my settings every couple of months with my avia disk and its been right on.
Again,congrats on your 65h82.

Mark R O

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, Alan,
My wife and I are pretty much settled on the 65HDX82. Any sightings of aggressive pricing on this unit?
Thanx!

Alan M

Second Unit
Mark,absolutly.I picked mine up at fry's here in LA for $1995.This was back in janurary,Dave would know what they are currently pricing this set at.
good luck and happy shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread