What's new

Toshiba 56H80 - Good? Bad? Ugly? (1 Viewer)

Gary_E

Second Unit
I am so used to watching regular 4:3 TV stretched with Theaterwide1 so much that it everything looks strange in Normal mode if I switch to that.
I couldn't agree more. It took me all of 15 minutes to adjust to the stretch and I use it all the time.
As far as extended warranties go, I got one from the B&M store for $250.00 for 5 years.
These comments pertain to the 40H80.
-Gary

David Head

Second Unit
Doug,
If you are going to purchase the 56H80 at Best Buy, you can still save some money. Use an Link Removed for the purchase and they will credit your account up to $250 when you provide a lower advertised price within 60 days. They also offer 0% interest for the first 6 months.
David
Note: I am not affiliated in any way with American Express

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
For the best performance with non-anamorphic DVDs, mate this TV with the Panasonic RP91 prog-scan DVD player.
The "ZOOM" mode (should be called "SCALE" mode) of this player does tremendous things for non-anamorphic letterboxed DVDs, much better than the zoom mode on the TV will do. Enables you to keep the set in FULL mode all the time.
The performance of this player is excellent on anamorphic DVDs. Lots of threads here and on other forums give details.
------------------

Sujeet Patel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sujeet
----
Here is the 65H80 for $2650 shipped:http://www.continentaltrade.com/tos6565inthe.html
----
I checked this business out. They're operating out of a suite number in Brooklyn, NY, there's no information
whatsoever about return policies on their website and they use an AOL email address. Gray market? Probably.
---
I bought a Toshiba 55H70 from them, it was actually delivered today, about a 10 day turnaround from when I ordered it.. Unfortunately, due to some miscommunication, I was under the impression that they were doing an in-house delivery, and they were not.. So a 250lb TV shows up with a 70 year old delivery guy, and I've got a tight flight of stairs to get up. The TV went away on the truck, and hopefully I'll be getting it via a different delivery company tomorrow or Monday for an additional $100.
At this point, I'm only $125 shy of the 55HX70 that my local A/V store has in stock, but I'm sticking it out for the time being, because I know getting the credit on my credit card would probably be more hassel than it's worth. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks