What's new

Tosh 65h82 VS 65hdx82... Help! (1 Viewer)

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I have been trying to find the differences between these sets and what those differences mean. The Toshiba site is very little help even when downloading the users manuals.

Please... what will I be giving up if I buy the 65h82? I am most interested in the picture with DVD. HDTV is a secondary consideration.

Thanks in advance.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
The hdx series has better tubes, or would have better tubes except that there have been problems with them.

Search the Forum for more info.

Jan

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
If memory serves, the HDX offers a number of improvements, including better CRTs and DVI input (for a future HDTV feed). The enclosure build quality is also improved.

If the nicer looking (subjective opinion) enclosure, and DVI input aren't important then save some money and get the 65H82.

On another note, if you're willing to wait 3 months or so then the 65H83 will be coming out, and that will surely drive down 65H82 prices further as it will become a clearance model. Or you can spring big coin for the 65H83 - it's supposed to have even more improvements for us feature hungry geek types :)

Sean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks