What's new

Torchwood on Starz (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Torchwood: Miracle Day premiers on Starz on July 8th. I'm excited.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
It may be good and I am hoping it is, but not sure how or what they are going to do after the dreadful Torchwood Children of Earth. I was certainly not a fan of that one at all and would like to see them at last smooth it over a bit and make it less dark. If it is anywhere close to the last one, I will not be watching.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I enjoyed CoE a lot, and am looking forward to seeing what they do with "series 4" here.

I'm just annoyed that we here in Canada can't even see the trailer yet. *sigh*

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Count me as one who thought that CoE was very well done. Hadn't watched Torchwood prior to that due to the sexual politics of the show but decided to give CoE a shot and was pleasantly surprised- the dark tone really worked well. Don't have Starz and hope that the sexual politics are kept to a minimum, but if given the opportunity, I'd check it out.

rvanward

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
Jack likes the guy sex. But I thought that was only sexual politics for republicans. Maybe I mean political sexuality. :)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have been a big fan of Torchwood from day one and really a big fan of the Capt Jack since his Who days but then again I’m far from a prude so the fact that Jack goes all ways never bothered me.

CoE was very good and such a fitting chapter in the tragic life that is Jack Harkness. A person who on the surface has something most people would want yet his life is filled with so much personal tragedy.

I do not have Starz but I will be subscribing to it starting July 1 so I can catch these first run.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
May try the new series to see how it goes.

The older stuff just got to repetitive. Rift opens, alien, artifact or something from the wrong time appears. Clean up mess and begin again.

Maybe this new version will change things up a bit.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I have never seen the show b/c I thought it was something different so can I start watching from the new episode in July or should I watch past seasons first?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I would definitely try to watch the other seasons if possible since it will give you a better understanding of the history of the main characters.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

I have been a big fan of Torchwood from day one and really a big fan of the Capt Jack since his Who days but then again I’m far from a prude so the fact that Jack goes all ways never bothered me.

CoE was very good and such a fitting chapter in the tragic life that is Jack Harkness. A person who on the surface has something most people would want yet his life is filled with so much personal tragedy.

I do not have Starz but I will be subscribing to it starting July 1 so I can catch these first run.

It's not called being a prude, but some people have morals about such things and it goes against their beliefs. Sure, it's a cable channel and you have to pay to get it or you can block it so I have no problem like that on a cable network. But I do have for public TV on some of the shows on and the time slots they are in.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was going to wait for it to come out of DVD, but then Dish Network gave us free Starz for a year, so I'll be along for the ride this season. They had an extended preview at the end of the final episode of Camelot with some of the main characters talking about Miracle Day.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
So, here in Canada, Space appears to be showing the new Torchwood at the same time as Starz in the US. Saw a preview for it today.

Looking forward to next weekend!

James Fanscape

Auditioning
Real Name
James Fanscape
Hi folks - my name is James, and I'm helping Starz get out the word about Torchwood: Miracle Day. Glad to see so much interest in the show here on HTF - I don't think you'll be disappointed! Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads-up that Starz will be streaming the premiere episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day for FREE starting at 12:01 AM ET/PT on July 8th on the show's page, so now you've got no excuse to miss out! Here's a direct link to the page: http://bit.ly/TWMiracleDay We've also got a Foursquare page up and running - check it out, follow us, and stay tuned for some big news coming soon: https://foursquare.com/torchwood_starz Anyway, thanks for your time - like I said, I'm working with Starz, so if I can answer any questions about Torchwood: Miracle Day, just let me know and I'll help out as best I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks