What's new

Top Ten Signs that You've Seen Too Many Movies (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I was inspired by a thread elsewhere and I decided to import the idea over here. Feel free to add your own Top xx Lists.
Top Ten Signs that You've Seen Too Many Movies
10. When you wake up in the morning, you hear the MGM Fanfare theme.
9. You can spot the movie's killer during the opening credits.
8. Your friends literally refuse to ask what you thought of a movie once it's over because they know you'll go on and on and never shut up.
7. You can name all the Madonna videos that the "hot young directors" have done.
6. You look for symbolism and foreshadowing in your everyday routine.
5. Your "all-time favorite movie" changes every 14 hours.
4. EDIT: That was mean.
3. You can instantly spot the eventual "Oscar Clip" in the latest Miramax yawnfest.
2. You begin to alphabetize your friends by genre.
1. You go into violent, shocking convulsions followed by hours of wretched vomiting whenever you see Freddie Prinze Jr.
I just thought of like 4 more, but ten's enough. Join in and pretend it's fun!
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
You rate everything with 'thumbs'
------------------

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
You're watching home videos that you took yourself, and you're pissed off because they're not anamorphic or widescreen, and where the hell are those deleted scenes anyway? At least you can impress your friends with a running commentary track. :)
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
You say 'Ayll be bock' an annoying number of times.
You see a traffic jam and you try to tip your car over on two wheels to bypass it.
A friend laughs at something you say, and you get seriously angry, telling him that you're not here to fuckin' amuse him.
Your girlfriend walks across the room naked and you pick up the remote and frantically try to freeze frame it.
biggrin.gif

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
- You can cite 45 places where the IMDb is incorrect.
- You leave your child's graduation because you have a source tell you there is a Killer:Criterion in a used music shop, mint.
- The only family member's birthdays you remember are those that are on Tuesday or Friday (and Wednesdays on occasion).
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
  • You hire a casting agent to choose your friends for you.
  • You don't like wearing sunglasses because it alters the brightness level of your vision.
  • You like the neighborhood you live in because the cinematography is great.
  • During a conversation, you keep yelling "Cut!" whenever one of you stutters or says something stupid.
  • Looking back on your employment records, you realize that all of your "sick days" happened to fall on Tuesdays or Fridays.

Eric Scott

Second Unit
You greet people with, "Yo!"
You drive a Black Firebird.
You wear a black leather jacket and fingerless gloves.
You wear A crunched small brim hat.
You broke a bartenders thumb last week for not giving you a buyback.
WRITTEN BY ERIC'S BOOKIE

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
While stuck in traffic jams,you think..this would sound better in 5.1
You constantly check the bottom of your shoes for gum
While walking around in public you fantasize you are the bad cop and the guy you are after is the man in front of you,you follow him and intimidate him.
------------------
My dvd collection
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...?alias=cisaacs

Mitty

Supporting Actor
[*]You think about how much better a particular place would look in black and white.[*]You refer to your dreams as "dream sequences."[*]At the end of a date, you stand awkwardly at her door waiting for the romantic music to swell so you can kiss her.[*]You find yourself wondering where the "arc" is in your life story.[*]You've gone out of your way to create a hostile and antagonistic rapport with all of the attractive single women in the office, yet amazingly, none of them have fallen hopelessly in love with you.[*]You answer the telephone gruffly, just saying your last name, and always just hang up without saying goodbye. You wonder why few people call you.[*]Your wife or girlfriend has to constantly remind you that her body "doesn't bend that way."[*]You tell people that their anecdotes are good, but flabby, and in need of some good editing to "tighten them up." You wonder why few people talk to you.[*]You wonder why the hell you have to do so many goddamn chores, why there's never a parking spot right in front of the building you're going to, why no phone numbers start with 555, and why situations never seem to arise allowing you to use your repertoire of one-liners![*]Where the hell is a fade to black when you need it?
[Edited last by Mitty on September 03, 2001 at 04:22 PM]

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
When someone asks you how your new DVD was, you tell them about the video and sound quality, not the movie itself.
This actually happened to me just yesterday!!!
We went to see some friends, who let us borrow their copy of the DVD City of Angels. They asked me how I liked it. I immediately started explaining how great I thought Warner's anamporphic transfer was, with excellent sharpness, contrast and detail, and there were no artifacts. The 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack was also very well done, very crisp.
The husband and wife looked at me with this blank look and said "Ok, but did you like the actual movie?
Oh, I said. No, not really. I just couldn't get past the premise of an angel falling in love with a mortal, and becoming mortal himself, only to have the mortal he fell in love with die shortly after he became mortal!

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
You think that Alanis Morissette is god
biggrin.gif
Spoiler:Kevin Smith's Dogma
[Edited last by Dominik Dröscher on September 03, 2001 at 06:58 PM]

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
You put out ot throw away cigarettes after taking one or two puffs (not me though, only an example that a friend made me aware of years ago)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Chuck said mine, you speak in movie quotes.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

chris_sharpe

Stunt Coordinator
Your friends and co-workers get a look of terror in thier eyes when they ask your opinion on any aspect of film, realizing that you won't be done for hours and nothing they do can stop the rant.
You question why you can't get life in 1080i and dts.
------------------
movies are a religion
[Edited last by chris_sharpe on September 05, 2001 at 05:38 AM]

BryanZ

Screenwriter
You name your pets 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1.
You're kids names are DD, DTS, and DTS-ES.
You've given your wife the affectionate nickname of "The Receiver."
Other people take vacations to Disneyworld. You take vacations to speaker and electronic plants.

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
Every time you walk into a room you zoom around like a steadycam so you can 'take it all in.'
That car behind you is always shadowing you.
Sure, I can safely stand 200 feet away from an F5 tornado.
------------------
Women are often attracted to men with money and power. I have neither, and they know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks