What's new

Top of the Pops (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 9th February, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):Heartsong - Gordon Giltrap (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Drummer Man - TonightSorry I'm a Lady - BaccaraTen to Eight - David CastleTake a Chance on Me - ABBA (audio)Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra (video)Your Love is Everywhere - LuluJust One More Night - Yellow DogLove Like Yours - Dusty SpringfieldFive Minutes - The Stranglers (video)Figaro - Brotherhood of Man (First and only week at No.1)End Credits: Rich Kids - The Rich Kids (audio).*****The artists on the 16th February, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):Theme from Which Way Is Up - Stargard (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Don't Take No For An Answer - Tom Robinson BandWuthering Heights - Kate BushCome Back My Love - DartsWishing on a Star - Rose Royce (audio)Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel (video)Love is Like Oxygen - SweetLilac Wine - Elkie BrooksStayin' Alive - The Bee Gees (video)Shot By Both Sides - MagazineTake a Chance on Me - ABBA (video) (First week at No.1)End Credits: Hot Legs - Rod Stewart (audio).*****The artists on the 2nd March, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Noel Edmonds):Is This Love? - Bob Marley & the Wailers (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Come Back My Love - DartsEmotion - Samantha Sang (backing vocals by The Bee Gees) (video)Don't Take No For An Answer - Tom Robinson BandWuthering Heights - Kate BushI Love the Sound of Breaking Glass - Nick LoweWords - Rita Coolidge (video)Fantasy - Earth, Wind & Fire (audio)Sad - Andy WilliamsTake a Chance on Me - ABBA (video) (Third and final week at No.1)End Credits: Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 9th March, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Tony Blackburn):All Right Now - Free (from the Free EP) (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Ready Steady Go - Generation XLilac Wine - Elkie BrooksEvery 1's a Winner - Hot ChocolateI'll Go Where Your Music Takes Me - Tina CharlesMatchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs - Brian & MichaelDenis - Blondie (video)Ally's Tartan Army - Andy CameronI Can't Stand the Rain - Eruption, featuring Precious Wilson (audio)News of the World - The JamWuthering Heights - Kate Bush (First week at No.1)End Credits: We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands - Nottingham Forest FC & Paper Lace (audio).*****Some of the artists on the 16th March, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):Whenever You Want My Love - The Real Thing (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)If You Can't Give Me Love - Suzi QuatroBaker Street - Gerry Rafferty (video)Is This Love? - Bob Marley & the Wailers (audio)Sometimes When We Touch - Dan HillFantasy - Earth, Wind & Fire (video)(I Don't Wanna Go to) Chelsea - Elvis Costello & the AttractionsWalk in Love - Manhattan TransferWuthering Heights - Kate Bush (Second week at No.1)End Credits: Rumour Has It - Donna Summer (audio).*****The artists on the 30th March, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Cut Across Shorty - MudI'll Go Where Your Music Takes Me - Tina Charles(I Don't Wanna Go to) Chelsea - Elvis Costello & the AttractionsIt Takes Two to Tango - Richard MyhillThe Ghost of Love - Tavares (audio)Sometimes When We Touch - Dan HillIf You Can't Give Me Love - Suzi QuatroAlly's Tartan Army - Andy CameronI've Got a Winner in You - Don WilliamsWuthering Heights - Kate Bush (Fourth and final week at No.1)End Credits: Is This Love? - Bob Marley & the Wailers (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 6th April, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Noel Edmonds):Follow You Follow Me - Genesis (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)She's So Modern - The Boomtown RatsWalk in Love - Manhattan TransferEvery 1's a Winner - Hot ChocolateNever Let Her Slip Away - Andrew Gold (audio)Take Me I'm Yours - SqueezeWith a Little Luck - Wings (video)I Wonder Why - ShowaddywaddyWonder Woman - The StylisticsSingin' in the Rain Part 1 - Sheila B. Devotion (video)Shadow Dancing - Andy GibbBad Old Days - Co-Co (the UK's entry in the 1978 Eurovision Song Contest)Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs - Brian & Michael (First week at No.1)End Credits: Denis - Blondie (audio).*****The artists on the 13th April, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Tony Blackburn):Night Fever - The Bee Gees (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)When You Walk in the Room - Child (cover of the 60's single by The Searchers)Too Much Too Little Too Late - Johnny Mathis & Deniece WilliamsEverybody Dance - Chic (audio)Just for You - Alan PriceIf You Can't Give Me Love - Suzi QuatroBaker Street - Gerry Rafferty (video)
Automatic Lover - Dee D. JacksonIt Takes Two to Tango - Richard MyhillHere Am I - Bonnie TylerMore Like the Movies - Dr. HookMove Your Body - Gene Farrow & G.F. BandFollow You Follow Me - GenesisDo It Do It Again - Raffaella CarraMatchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs - Brian & Michael (Second week at No.1)End Credits: Let's All Chant - Michael Zager Band (audio).*****The artists on the 20th April, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):Jack and Jill - Raydio (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Take Me I'm Yours - SqueezeSometimes When We Touch - Dan HillNight Fever - The Bee Gees (audio)With a Little Luck - Wings (video)What Goes On - Bryan FerrySingin' in the Rain Part 1 - Sheila B. Devotion (video)Hey Lord Don't Ask Me Questions - Graham Parker & the RumourNever Let Her Slip Away - Andrew Gold (video)She's So Modern - The Boomtown RatsLife in the City - Demis RoussosLet's All Chant - Michael Zager Band (audio)Theme from The Hong Kong Beat - Richard Denton & Martin Cook (video)Bad Old Days - Co-Co (the UK's entry in the 1978 Eurovision Song Contest)Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs - Brian & Michael (Third and final week at No.1)End Credits: Ego - Elton John (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 4th May, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):Nice 'N' Sleazy - The Stranglers (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Don't Take It Lyin' Down - The DooleysCome to Me - Ruby Winters (video)Money, That's Your Problem - TonightBack in Love Again - Donna Summer (audio)Never Let Her Slip Away - Andrew Gold (video)Hi-Tension - Hi-TensionTheme from The Hong Kong Beat - Richard Denton & Martin Cook (video)Automatic Lover - Dee D. Jackson (video)Boy from New York City - DartsBad Old Days - Co-Co (the UK's entry in the 1978 Eurovision Song Contest)She's So Modern - The Boomtown RatsLove is in the Air - John Paul YoungLet's All Chant - Michael Zager Band (audio)On a Little Street in Singapore - Manhattan TransferNight Fever - The Bee Gees (audio) (Second and final week at No.1)End Credits: Take Me I'm Yours - Squeeze (audio).*****The artists on the 18th May, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):It Makes You Feel Like Dancin' - Rose Royce (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Oh Carol - SmokieBoy from New York City - DartsLove is in the Air - John Paul Young (audio)Ca Plane Pour Moi - Plastic BertrandCome to Me - Ruby Winters (video)Hi-Tension - Hi-TensionLoving You Has Made Me Bananas - Guy MarksJack and Jill - Raydio (video)Beautiful Lover - Brotherhood of ManNice 'N' Sleazy - The StranglersOnly Love Can Break Your Heart - Elkie BrooksThe Day the World Turned Day-Glo - X-Ray SpexRivers of Babylon - Boney M (Second week at No.1)End Credits: Do It Do It Again - Raffaella Carra (audio).*****The artists on the 25th May, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Tony Blackburn):If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Let's Go Disco - The Real Thing(I'm Always Touched by Your) Presence Dear - Blondie (video)Mind Blowing Decisions - HeatwaveAnnie's Song - James GalwayRosalie - Cowgirls' Song (Medley) - Thin LizzyMore Than a Woman - Tavares (video)Never Say Die - Black SabbathYou're the One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio)What a Waste - Ian Dury & the BlockheadsSilly Boy - Cilla BlackAngels with Dirty Faces - Sham 69Rivers of Babylon - Boney M (Third week at No.1)End Credits: Ole Ola (Mulher Brasileira) - Rod Stewart, featuring the Scottish World Cup Football squad (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
**There was no edition of Top of the Pops on 1st June, 1978, because of the football World Cup.**The artists on the 8th June, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Noel Edmonds):You're the One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Davy's On the Road Again - Manfred Mann's Earth BandIt Sure Brings Out the Love in Your Eyes - David Soul (video)Ca Plane Pour Moi - Plastic BertrandRun for Home - LindisfarneMiss You - The Rolling Stones (video)Beautiful Lover - Brotherhood of ManMaking Up Again - GoldieBringing Out the Girl in Me - Maxine NightingaleLoving You Has Made Me Bananas - Guy MarksRock 'N' Roll Damnation - AC/DCRivers of Babylon - Boney M (Fifth and final week at No.1)End Credits: The Smurf Song - Father Abraham & the Smurfs (audio).*****The artists on the 22nd June, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):Making Up Again - Goldie (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Never Say Die - Black SabbathA Little Bit of Soap - ShowaddywaddyDancing in the City - Marshall Hain (audio)Bloody Mary - David Coverdale's Whitesnake (from the Snake Bite EP)Mind Blowing Decisions - HeatwaveBeautiful Lover - Brotherhood of ManArgentine Melody (Cancion de Argentina) - San Jose, featuring Rodriguez ArgentinaRosalee - Cowgirls' Song (Medley) - Thin LizzySatisfy My Soul - Bob Marley & the WailersYou're the One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio) (Second week at No.1)End Credits: It Sure Brings Out the Love in Your Eyes - David Soul (audio).*****Some of the artists on the 6th July, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):The Smurf Song - Father Abraham & the Smurfs (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Dancing in the City - Marshall Hain (video)A Little Bit of Soap - ShowaddywaddyBoogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste of Honey (audio)Wild West Hero - Electric Light Orchestra (video)Argentine Melody (Cancion de Argentina) - San Jose, featuring Rodriguez ArgentinaSubstitute - Clout (video)
Prodigal Son - Steel PulseForever Autumn - Justin HaywardYou're the One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio) (Fourth week at No.1)End Credits: Satisfy My Soul - Bob Marley & the Wailers (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 13th July, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Tony Blackburn):Come On Dance Dance - Saturday Night Band (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Like Clockwork - The Boomtown RatsThe Race is On - Suzi QuatroHow Can This Be Love? - Andrew Gold (video)Used to Be My Girl - The O Jays (audio)On the Shelf - Steve VoiceSatisfy My Soul - Bob Marley & the WailersNorthern Lights - RenaissanceThe Smurf Song - Father Abraham & the Smurfs (audio)Run for Home - LindisfarneFrom East to West - Voyage (video)Baby It's You - RaceyYou're the One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio) (Fifth week at No.1)End Credits: Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some of the artists on the 20th July, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):Come Back and Finish What You Started - Gladys Knight & the Pips (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)If the Kids Are United - Sham 69Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste of Honey (video)Forever Autumn - Justin HaywardCome On Dance Dance - The Saturday Night Band (audio)Anthem (One Day in Every Week) - The New SeekersWild West Hero - Electric Light Orchestra (video)Substitute - Clout (video)Is This a Love Thing? - RaydioDancing in the City - Marshall Hain (audio)It's Only Make Believe - Child (cover of possibly the Billy Fury music track from the 60's)You're the One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio) (Sixth week at No.1)End Credits: A Little Bit of Soap - Showaddywaddy (audio).*****The artists on the 750th edition of Top of the Pops, shown on 10th August, 1978 (presented by Peter Powell):From East to West - Voyage (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Top of the Pops - The RezillosCold As Ice - Foreigner (video)British Hustle - Hi TensionBaby Stop Crying - Bob Dylan (audio)Is This a Love Thing? - Raydio (video)Northern Lights - RenaissanceJilted John - Jilted JohnYou're the One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio) (Ninth and final week at No.1)End Credits: Three Times a Lady - The Commodores (audio).*****Some of the artists on the 17th August, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Noel Edmonds):Brown Girl in the Ring - Boney M (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Walk On By - The Stranglers (cover of the Dionne Warwick music track from the 60's)Forever Autumn - Justin HaywardSupernature - Cerrone (audio)It's Only Make Believe - Child (cover of possibly the Billy Fury music track from the 60's)It's Raining - DartsDreadlock Holiday - 10 C.C.Who Are You? - The Who (video)Anthem (One Day in Every Week) - The New SeekersSeniora - Mr. BigThree Times a Lady - The Commodores (audio) (First week at No.1).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 24th August, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):An Everlasting Love - Andy Gibb (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)She's Gonna Win - BilboOh What a Circus - David Essex (video)Picture This - BlondieJilted John - Jilted JohnForget About You - The MotorsCold As Ice - Foreigner (video)British Hustle - Hi TensionBrown Girl in the Ring - Boney M (audio)David Watts - The JamThree Times a Lady - The Commodores (part audio/part video) (Second week at No.1)End Credits: Top of the Pops - The Rezillos (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 31st August, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Tony Blackburn):I Thought It Was You - Herbie Hancock (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)A Rose Has to Die - The DooleysHong Kong Garden - Siousxie & the BansheesDreadlock Holiday - 10 c.c.Don't Care - Klark KentAn Everlasting Love - Andy Gibb (audio)Kiss You All Over - ExileTop of the Pops - The RezillosIt's Raining - DartsPlease Remember Me - Cliff RichardThree Times a Lady - The Commodores (audio) (Third week at No.1)End Credits: British Hustle - Hi Tension (audio).*****The artists on the 7th September, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):Grease - Frankie Valli (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)David Watts - The JamI Can't Stop Lovin' You (Though I Try) - Leo SayerBrown Girl in the Ring - Boney M (video)Forget About You - The MotorsMeteor Man - Dee D. JacksonOh What a Circus - David Essex (video)I Thought It Was You - Herbie Hancock (audio)You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) - Sylvester (video)Where Did Our Love Go? (cover of the Supremes 60's music track) - Manhattan TransferBritish Hustle - Hi TensionYou're the One That I Want - Hylda Baker & Arthur MullardThree Times a Lady - The Commodores (video) (Fourth week at No.1)End Credits: Galaxy of Love - Crown Heights Affair (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 21st September, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Paul Burnett):Forget About You - The Motors (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Ever Fallen in Love (with Someone You Shouldn't've) - The BuzzcocksMiddle of the Night - Brotherhood of ManDavid Watts - The JamI Can't Stop Lovin' You (Though I Try) - Leo SayerSummer Night City - ABBA (video)Looking for the Right One - Stephen BishopYou Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) - Sylvester (audio)Oh What a Circus - David Essex (video)Givin' Up Givin' In - The Three DegreesThe No.1 music single: Dreadlock Holiday - 10 c.c. (First and only week at No.1)End Credits: Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Rose Royce (audio).*****The artists on the 5th October, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):Summer Night City - ABBA (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Blame It On the Boogie - Mick JacksonLucky Stars - Dean Friedman (video)Now That We've Found Love - Third World (audio)Ever Fallen in Love (with Someone You Shouldn't've) - The BuzzcocksDon't Walk Away Till I Touch You - Elaine PaigeRasputin - Boney M (video)Coming Home - Marshall HainHurry Up Harry - Sham 69I Can't Stop Lovin' You (Though I Try) - Leo SayerRat Trap - The Boomtown RatsThe No.1 single: Summer Nights - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio) (Second week at No.1)End Credits: Sweet Talkin' Woman - Electric Light Orchestra (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 19th October, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):Rat Trap - The Boomtown Rats (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Pretty Little Angel Eyes - ShowaddywaddyRasputin - Boney M (video)Sandy - John Travolta (audio)Respectable - The Rolling Stones (video)California Dreamin' - Colorado (cover of the Mamas and the Papas 60's music track)Ever Fallen in Love (with Someone You Shouldn't've) - The BuzzcocksDarlin' - Frankie MillerGivin' Up Givin' In - The Three DegreesHurry Up Harry - Sham 69MacArthur Park - Donna Summer (audio)Down in the Tube Station at Midnight - The Jam (part video)The No.1 single: Summer Nights - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio) (Fourth week at No.1)End Credits: Public Image - Public Image Ltd. (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some of the artists on the 26th October, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Tony Blackburn):Brandy - The O Jays (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Radio Radio - Elvis Costello & the AttractionsFool (If You Think It's Over) - Chris ReaSweet Talkin' Woman - Electric Light Orchestra (audio)Public Image - Public Image Ltd. (video)Rat Trap - The Boomtown RatsShooting Star - DollarBlame It On the Boogie - The Jacksons (video)What a Night - City BoyInstant Replay - Dan Hartman (audio)Teenage Kicks - The UndertonesThe No.1 single: Summer Nights - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio) (Fifth week at No.1)End Credits: Dippety Day - Father Abraham & the Smurfs (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 9th November, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Mike Read *debut edition of Top of the Pops*):Hanging on the Telephone - Blondie (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Disco Dancer - DandyI Love America - Patrick Juvet (video)Hopelessly Devoted to You - Olivia Newton-John (audio)Rat Trap - The Boomtown RatsDon't Let It Fade Away - DartsMy Best Friend's Girl - The Cars (video)Anyway You Do It - Liquid GoldStrummin' - Chas & Dave with RockneyInstant Replay - Dan Hartman (audio)Germ Free Adolescence - X-Ray SpexThe No.1 single: Summer Nights - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio) (Seventh and final week at No.1)End Credits: Blame It on the Boogie - The Jacksons (audio).*****The artists on the 16th November, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):Givin' Up Givin' In - The Three Degrees (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Promises - The BuzzcocksPart Time Love - Elton JohnPretty Little Angel Eyes - ShowaddywaddyRadio Radio - Elvis Costello & the AttractionsAlways and Forever - HeatwaveHanging on the Telephone - Blondie (video)Lydia - Dean FriedmanToast - Streetband (part video)Fat Bottomed Girls (part of a double-A side with Bicycle Race) - Queen (video)Still the One - ChildThe No.1 single: Rat Trap - The Boomtown Rats (First week at No.1)End Credits: Da 'Ya Think I'm Sexy - Rod Stewart (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 23rd November, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Mike Read):In the Bush - Musique (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Lay Your Love on Me - RaceyHopelessly Devoted to You - Olivia Newton-John (audio)Shooting Star - DollarDance (Disco Heat) - Sylvester (audio)Don't Cry Out Loud - Elkie BrooksDa 'Ya Think I'm Sexy - Rod Stewart (video)All I Want is You - Emerson, Lake & PalmerI Lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper - Sarah Brightman & Hot Gossip (video)Germ Free Adolescence - X-Ray SpexGoodbye First Love - David EssexThe No.1 single: Rat Trap - The Boomtown Rats (Second and final week at No.1)End Credits: Le Freak - Chic (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 30th November, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):Y.M.C.A. - The Village People (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Destination Venus - The RezillosMary's Boy Child - Oh My Lord - Boney MPart Time Love - Elton John (video)Le Freak - Chic (audio)Always and Forever - HeatwavePromises - The BuzzcocksRaining in My Heart - Leo SayerHanging on the Telephone - Blondie (video)A Taste of Aggro - The Barron KnightsDon't Let It Fade Away - DartsDr. Who - MankindThe No.1 single: Da 'Ya Think I'm Sexy - Rod Stewart (video) (First and only week at No.1)End Credits: Too Much Heaven - The Bee Gees (audio).*****The artists on the 14th December, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Tony Blackburn):September - Earth, Wind & Fire (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Rama Lama Ding Dong - Rocky Sharpe & the ReplaysI'll Put You Together Again - Hot Chocolate (video)Promises - The BuzzcocksDon't Cry Out Loud - Elkie BrooksDr. Who - MankindDon't Let It Fade Away - DartsA Taste of Aggro - The Barron KnightsHit Me with Your Rhythm Stick - Ian Dury & the Blockheads (video)You Don't Bring Me Flowers - Barbra (Streisand) & Neil (Diamond) (audio)Le Freak - Chic (video)A Song for Guy - Elton JohnThe No.1 single - Mary's Boy Child - Oh My Lord - Boney M (Second week at No.1)End Credits: Always and Forever - Heatwave (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It looks like BBC Four will be continuing with the repeats of Top of the Pops next year, as on Friday 3rd January they're showing two programmes about the show in 1979:The Story of Top of the Pops 1979 - Friday 3rd January on BBC Four at 9 pm (hour long documentary)Top of the Pops: 1979 - Big Hits - Friday 3rd January on BBC Four at 10 pm (hour long programme).These two programmes are mentioned in a Christmas UK TV listings magazine.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the Christmas Day, 1978 edition of Top of the Pops (a highlights programme of songs from that year, presented by Noel Edmonds):The Boy from New York City - DartsRasputin - Boney MSummer Nights - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio)Mull of Kintyre - Wings (video)Figaro - Brotherhood of ManThe Smurf Song - Father Abraham & The Smurfs (video)Night Fever - The Bee Gees (audio)Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs - Brian & MichaelThe Floral Dance - Brighouse & Rastrick Brass BandWuthering Heights - Kate Bush (video)I Wonder Why - ShowaddywaddyRivers of Babylon - Boney MThree Times a Lady - The Commodores (audio)Take a Chance on Me - ABBALove Don't Live Here Anymore - Rose Royce (video)You're the One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (audio)Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord - Boney M (UK Christmas No.1 for 1978)End Credits: Annie's Song - James Galway (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Top of the Pops: 1979

Last Friday, BBC Four showed a documentary called Top of the Pops: The Story of 1979, followed by a programme called Top of the Pops: Big Hits of 1979, which was a selection of some of the artists who were on Top of the Pops in that year:

Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Lucky Number - Lena Lovich
I Want Your Love - Chic
Some Girls - Racey
Gertcha - Chas & Dave
Up the Junction - Squeeze
Silly Games - Janet Ray
Disco Matilda - Dame Edna Everage
Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
Can't Stand Losing You - The Police
Kid - The Pretenders
One Day at a Time - Lena Martell (UK No.1 music single in the autumn of '79)
Cars - Gary Numan (UK No.1 music single in late summer/early autumn of '79)
We Don't Talk Anymore - Cliff Richard (UK No.1 music single in the summer of '79)
The Eton Rifles - The Jam
I'm in the Mood for Dancing - The Nolans
On My Radio - The Selecter
Is She Really Going Out with Him? - Joe Jackson
One Step Beyond - Madness
Pop Muzik - M
I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats (video) (UK No.1 music single in the summer of '79)
A Message to You, Rudy (double-A side with Nite Club) - The Specials (featuring Rico).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 4th January, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Mike Read):Hello, This is Joannie (The Telephone Answering Machine Song) - Paul Evans (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)King Rocker - Generation XA Song for Guy - Elton JohnSeptember - Earth, Wind & Fire (audio)Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick - Ian Dury & The Blockheads (video)A Little More Love - Olivia Newton-JohnLay Your Love on Me - RaceyJust the Way You Are - Barry White (video)Goodbye Goodbye - Brotherhood of ManThe No.1 single: Y.M.C.A. - The Village People (video) (First week at No.1)End Credits: I'll Put You Together Again - Hot Chocolate (audio).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks