What's new

Top Gun SE - Wrong Disc In Package (1 Viewer)

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
I went to my local store with the red bullseye for a logo yesterday, to get something with my gift card. I ended up getting a copy of the "Top Gun" special edition, which was on sale, $10.00 . The problem is, when i opened the pacakge, which was clearly marked "Widescreen", there was a full-frame disc inside! At first, i thought this might be a printing mistake (ala "Liar Liar" SE), but alas, i popped the disc in, and... full-frame. Now, i want to return the package, and get a widescreen version (which is the only thing the store will let me do since it's opened), but i don't want to keep running into the same problem. Should i try the store, or skip them and address Paramount directly on this issue?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I'd try the store, and open the new disc in the store. Unless it's an isolated example, you won't be the only one who'll complain, so the store might as well know.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
yep, back to the store. The store will open the new copy anyway, so you will know right away if you get the correct copy.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I had a different Top Gun DVD problem...there were fingerprints on both discs. It was from DDD and was completely sealed. I don't understand.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
In the Top Gun thread, they mentioned that there is no insert.

I've had this happen with all three sets of the new Star Trek:TOS season sets from Paramount. At least 2-4 discs in every set have been fingerprinted and some have even been scratched. The scratched and skipping sets have been a real headache. After getting my second season 3 set, only to have more scratched up and skipping discs, I went back to the store and had to open three more and build one-scratch free set in front of the Best Buy clerk. I did a quick check of the new discs and so far, so good.

I also had two other recent Paramount titles with fingerprints.

The one connection between all of my Star Trek sets, the other two fingerprinted titles, a friend's Happy Days set, and the Top Gun set:

All made in Mexico and all by Paramount. Apparently, they've shifted production there. I've never had these kind of problems before and my collection is 400+.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
What, so now Paramount is too cheap to buy rubber gloves for the employees? "Paramount - We skip the quality control and pass the savings on to you"

In any case, the saga continues...

I went back to the store. They were more than willing to oblige my request for an exchange... but they were out of stock. So now i have to wait until a new shipment comes in.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I had this happen once when I purchased my copy of Red Dragon a couple years back. Just return it to the store and pick up a new copy, hopefully it's the right one. That's what I did.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
to recap, they were out of stock. i have to wait until they get some more in.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor

Unless it has anything to do with Star Trek, then we ring you dry.

I haven't had any problems with this so far, but I'll be a bit more conscious of it in the future.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

I used the sheet on the back of the bonus disc package as an insert. Amazingly, I managed to fit the third disc in in its paper/plastic sleeve in the case and got to close okay too.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Isn't there a disc tray that clips onto those insert tabs? I wonder if that would work for Top Gun? Probably not, since it's already a two-disc set in a single width amaray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks