What's new

Top 5 stalled shows you want to see completed (1 Viewer)

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
My number 1 would have to be the Beverly Hillbillies. I have watched many of the episodes over and over in syndication but I really wanted to see them all uncut. If it is truly abandoned

I hope Paramount will consider a complete series set for those of us who wanted all of the seasons.

2. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
3. The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
4. Sctv The Early Years

Thanks Shout and Universal for taking Leave It to Beaver off of my list.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

At the top of my list it would have to be Knots Landing (Seasons 3-14 and two-part 1997 mini-series), followed by:

2. The Streets of San Francisco (Seasons 3-5 and 1992 TV movie Back to the Streets of San Francisco)
3. Hotel (Seasons 2-5)
4. Hart to Hart (Seasons 3-5 and TV movies).
Is Hotel really stalled, it hasn't been that long? I just think the second season hasn't been announced yet.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
1. Green Acres
2. Petticoat Junction
3. Maude
4. Picket Fences
5. 227

Somewhat related, anyone know why we haven't yet seen "The Golden Palace" (aka Season 8 of "The Golden Girls")? I figured it would follow on the heels of Season 7 of TGG, but it's been years now. Are there rights issues or something else holding it up?

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
1. The Equalizer
2. Jake & The Fatman
3. Diagnosis: Murder
4. The Bob Newhart Show
5. NBC Mystery Movies (Columbo; McCloud; McMillan & Wife; Quincy)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
1) Xiaolin Showdown
2) Superboy
3) Tiny Toon Adventures
4) Big Valley

James

I'm more of a cartoon guy.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

1) Xiaolin Showdown
2) Superboy
3) Tiny Toon Adventures
4) Big Valley

James

I'm more of a cartoon guy.
Is that Superboy the cartoon, or Superboy the rest of the live-action series? Because if it's the live-action, then you'll be upset to know that I just asked Warner the other day about this in response to a rumor, and was told "Nothing's changed on this one. Still no plans."

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lambert

Is that Superboy the cartoon, or Superboy the rest of the live-action series? Because if it's the live-action, then you'll be upset to know that I just asked Warner the other day about this in response to a rumor, and was told "Nothing's changed on this one. Still no plans."

That's a shame, David. I'm guessing that's bound up in all the legalities that has plagued the "Superboy" character for some time now. Even archived comic books that had been planned by DC have been sitting in limbo for years now because of the legalities. What a shame.

Gary "I'd have bought the remainder of the Superboy series had it been released" O.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
-FANTASY ISLAND

-THE LOVE BOAT

-HAPPY DAYS

-DIFFERENT STROKES

-GROWING PAINS

I'm so sick of this. If a studio has no plans for a show(not a big enough profit to be made)...WHAT IS THE HARM OF FARMING THE TITLE OUT FOR JUST A FEW YEARS? It would put the studio in a good light, and please fans.
Greedy corporate bastards, and their "ownership" fixation!

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA!

I hope FOX is reading this thread, because…

This is the TENTH mention of this show in a thread of 51 posts so far!

How’s that for a “focus group”!

Beyond that:

THE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND SHOW – dormant since 2005.

IRONSIDE -- No longer abandoned or stalled. Thank you, Shout Factory!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Dave Lambert
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's the live action series--anyway--going back to regularly scheduled response--NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to mention
---Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers
--Gummi Bears
---Animaniacs

And I'm really ticked with Disney for dropping the ball on many of their tv shows.

James

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
thanks for the posting!. I remember this cartoon in syndication in 1970s. I like Ted Knight as the editor. I am surprise they have not released this show on dvd considering the aquaman/superman shows were released.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Bryan^H

-FANTASY ISLAND

-THE LOVE BOAT

-HAPPY DAYS

-DIFFERENT STROKES

-GROWING PAINS

I'm so sick of this. If a studio has no plans for a show(not a big enough profit to be made)...WHAT IS THE HARM OF FARMING THE TITLE OUT FOR JUST A FEW YEARS? It would put the studio in a good light, and please fans.
Greedy corporate bastards, and their "ownership" fixation!
You know, there's possibly hope for Diff'rent Strokes, since Facts of Life is back on the schedule. Love Boat just had a release last August... that's nowhere near "Stalled" yet. Happy Days is probably in music rights Hell, so there's nothing that can be done with that one. Other than that, though, you're right about farming them out, and three of the big 5 studios are seemingly willing to do just that.

As for more shows I'd like to see Unstuck...

Well, Sliders Season 5, for one. Just one more year.
The Tick, season 3... and with the episodes that were left off the first two sets. I mean, Disney owns Marvel now, so "Omnipotus" is no longer a legal problem... and if the whole "Mole Men" thing was a problem, well, once again, Disney owns Marvel!
and, Bob Newhart Show and Newhart.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
At present, I wish they'd get back to the Drew Carey Show; can't imagine why season 1 didn't sell too well. Add to this the Big Valley and Everwood. Party of Five and the Flying Nun are also on my list of shows in Sony Hell, along with the Jeffersons and All in the Family. My other shows still all seem to be dribbling out on occasion; but as half of them are from Paramount, I think the snails in my garden get the job done faster.

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by David Lambert

Quote:

David, in your conversation with Warner regarding the live-action Superboy series, did you offer up the suggestion of having them move the release of seasons 2-4 to the burn-on-demand Warner Archive releases? It seems like a perfect fit there (lower sales but a dedicated fan base).

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Great thread, Gary.

My top five stalled series:

1. Rawhide
2. The Rifleman
3. Have Gun Will Travel
4. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
5. The Big Valley

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks