What's new

Top 10 shows that need to be on DVD (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Well not on my top ten but I certainly would buy Batman, China Beach, Homefront, Wonder Years, Now & Again, Just the 10 of Us, "Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place," Remember WENN, The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd, Brooklyn Bridge, and I think Eight is Enough, Chicago Hope, I'll fly Away, LA Law and Sisters deserve releases too and I might would buy them, I know many would. These are some highly demanded shows, many of which I think are being held up due to legal problems.

My top 10, well, no order but

Batman (60s)

Maverick

The Jack Benny Program

The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show

New Wave Theatre

The Charmings

Head of the Class

The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis

Rags to Riches

Amen

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Going back 8 or 10 years, I had quite a long list of shows I wanted to see on DVD. Now there are only 6: Batman (1966), The Green Hornet, the Beatles cartoon show, Not Necessarily the News, the Marvel cartoons of the 60s, and the rest of the DC FIlmation cartoons of the 60s. Everything else has been released (perhaps not completed, but released).

Other stuff I would like to see completed: NYPD Blue, Alf (non-syndicated episodes), the Fugitive (I have to believe season 4 is coming), the Muppet Show (ditto seasons 4 and 5).

I didn't include the Six Million Dollar Man, because it is said to be coming this year.

Also, and I think this is important, many shows from the 80s and 90s need to be upgraded for Blu-Ray. The video for shows like Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, among others, are just not up to the standards of today, and certainly not the standards of tomorrow. Even on DVDs from 2002-2004, these look muddy and soft on modern screens and with upconverted players. If the studios want to keep these shows alive, they have to invest the time and money (and it's not going to be cheap to re-do effects for all those episodes) to keep them fresh. Paramount did a good job with the original Star Trek; they should take the plunge again.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary OS /forum/thread/243336/top-10-shows-that-need-to-be-on-dvd/60#post_3593466

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Originally Posted by Sam Favate

I agree with China Beach, Two Guys, a girl and a pizza place (watching it on TV now), Veronica's Closet, Suddenly Susan, Chicago Hope, I'll Fly Away, Cupid, Ed, Wonder Years, Cop Rock, Now and Again, LA Law, Salute Your Shorts and Sisters

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
1. Family Ties

2. The Wonder Years

3. Family Ties

4. The Wonder Years

5. Family Ties

6. The Wonder Years

7. Family Ties

8. The Wonder Years

9. The Family Years

10. Wonder Ties.

Any Questions?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by nikkif99uk

I agree with China Beach, Two Guys, a girl and a pizza place (watching it on TV now), Veronica's Closet, Suddenly Susan, Chicago Hope, I'll Fly Away, Cupid, Ed, Wonder Years, Cop Rock, Now and Again, LA Law, Salute Your Shorts and Sisters

I'd completely forgot about the sadly one season only series Now and Again.

I had posted in this post about Once and Again, asking if it's just the third season which has not been released on DVD yet. Since then, I've checked on TVShowsOnDVD, and found that only the first and second seasons have been released on DVD so far. So I've deleted the question from what is now the first paragraph of this post (it was after the sentence about Now and Again).

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
1. Eyes

2. Touching Evil (US)

3. Second Noah

4. Summerland

5. Threat Matrix

6. The Nine

7. Vertias the Quest

8. Line of Fire

9. Step by Step season sets

10. Titans

11. Boston Public

12. Karen Sisco

13. Young Americans

Continue

Final season of Once and Again

Growing Pains

The Practice

Pickett Fences

Couldn't just pick 10 but I do have some episodes that I converted to dvd-r

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks