What's new

Top 10 shows that need to be on DVD (1 Viewer)

Tom gre

Agent
{1}china beach
{2}boy meets world season 4 5 6 7
{3} brimstone
{4}first wave
{5} john doe
{6} jeremiah season 2
{7}journeyman
{8}life goes on season 2 3 4
{9}smith
{10}prey

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I like to see the following shows:

1. Matt Houston
2. Logan's Run TV
3. Three's a Crowd
4. The Ropers
5. Barnaby Jones
6. The Hogan Family (ex Valerie)
7. Danger Bay!
8. Falcon Crest
9. Six Million Dollar Man
10. Hanging with Mr Cooper

There are several shows i liked to see releases, especially in the cartoon area.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Originally Posted by nikkif99uk
Seeing as its been several years since we first posted these lists thought it would be interesting to take a look at our top ten's see what's been released and then update our lists. The ones in bold have been released and in a similar vein to Ian being from UK am gonna list my Top 10 for US and UK releases in no particular order

US/Canada
1) Relativity (1996)
2) Sue Thomas F.B.Eye (2002)
3) Alienated (2003)
4) Young Americans (2000)
5) Seven Days (1998)
6) Women's Murder Club (2007)
7) Robbery Homicide Division (2002)
8) New York Undercover (1994)
9) Philly (2001)
10) New Amsterdam (2008)

UK
1) Holby City (1999)
2) Hollyoaks (1995) and its numerous spin-offs especially Hollyoaks: In the City (2006)
3) Casualty@Holby City (2005)
4) In Deep (2001)
5) As If (2001)
6) City Central (1998)
7) Attachments (2000)
8) Always and Everyone (1999)
9) Mersey Beat (2001)
10) Sunburn (1999)
11) Thief Takers (1996)I was hoping to see some of these shows announced by now but no luck, here's hoping for the future still along with First Wave (1998) and Just Cause (2001).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Here's Mine.

1. Batman (Who Isn't? - Cursed Corperate Greed!)
10.Twelve O Clock High

LCD22

Screenwriter
1. Danger Bay
2. Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place (complete with original broadcast music)
3. Peacemakers
4. Flash Forward (not to be confused with David S. Goyer's upcoming ABC sci-fi series)
5. Jake 2.0 (with original broadcast music)
6. Legend (with original broadcast music)
7. The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (still stuck in licensing rights limbo with Max Shulman's estate?!)
8. Mysterious Ways
9. Promised Land (with original broadcast music and the crossover episode with "Diagnosis Murder's" fifth-season episode, "Promises to Keep", included)
10. Valerie/Valerie's Family/The Hogan Family (complete with original broadcast music)
Edited by ChrisCook - 8/4/2009 at 02:49 pm GMT

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
US shows:

10. Mrs Columbo (only a few episodes have been released on DVD (as DVD extras), so it would be nice to see this released complete on DVD)
9. Key West (never seen it but it sounded good)
8. China Beach (remember when this was shown on Sky One but never watched it)
7. Brimstone (shown I think before Millennium during the 1998-99 US TV season)
6. The Magician (would love to see this on DVD. Of what I saw on TV it was a good show)
5. Streethawk (one of my favourite 80's series along with Knight Rider
4. The Red Shoe Diaries (all episodes have not been released on DVD, and never been released as season sets)
3. John Doe (cancelled when it was supposed to be getting really good)
2. Khan! (would make a nice companion piece to Hawaii Five-O as it starred Khigh Dhiegh (although he was uncredited)
1. Midnight Caller (of what I saw this show was great. Best watched late at night).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Other than my first pick, I'll limit myself to shows that haven't seen any season sets released yet. I could name 50 shows, so this is only a sampling.

Leave it to Beaver (the remaining 4 seasons)
Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet
Wonder Years (all music intact, of course)
Six Million Dollar Man
Dennis the Menace
Hawaiian Eye
Highway Patrol
Wide Country
Fury
Fireside Theater

Gary "a lot of great stuff has been released, but when I really start thinking about it there are many other 50's and early 60's series I'd love to see" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Dennis the Menace
Sea Hunt
Fury
Dark Skies
6M$M R1 with extras
Bionic Woman R1 with extras. Lindsay W has said she'd love to contribute
Sky King (in a general available release, not the exclusive $$ release available now)
BJ and the Bear/Sheriff Lobo
The F.B.I.
The Green Hornet

LITB remaining seasons in a separate list. I'd pay $$'s for this one someday.

I agree with Gary that we've seen a lot of great shows released over the past several years....seeral of my Holy Grails that I'd never have guessed I'd see....Time Tunnel, Combat! complete series, Dick Van Dyke complete series...to name a few.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
How old are you nikkif99uk? That's a odd list of shows that not many people would want I suspect and doubt will ever see a DVD release.

I'm hoping we'll see Dennis the Menace get released. I'm hoping to see Green Acres and Newhart restarted. And I'd love to see Daktari get a DVD release. I could go on listing dozens, but those are the first ones that popped into mind.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
My personal top 10 with no release so far?

1. Batman
2. The Wonder Years
3. Super Friends Season 1
4. Falcon Crest
5. Dennis the Menace
6. Midnight Caller
7. Journeyman
8. The Cape
9. Family Matters
10. Amen

I'm a child of the 80s, I have to go with what I remember enjoying.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
square pegs is already on dvd. Family ties has 5 season on dvd and One Day of a time has the first season.

TVAdam

Grip
Real Name
Adam
1. Hey Dude - This show was on Nickelodeon and is one of my favorites. 65 episodes total, I'd love to see SHOUT! bring this to DVD if Paramount won't. I know the Nickelodeon Rewind thing seems to now be exclusive to Amazon with the burned DVD, but I really need this show on DVD.

2. The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - I understand it's got some legal issues right now, but it's one of the shows that I really want to own. The sooner the better.

3. Batman - I collect all decades, but right now I'm really into the 1960s. No '60s collection would be complete without "Batman." I need it. It's one of the first shows I ever taped, back when The Family Channel showed reruns in 1989. Plus, Adam West is just itching to do bonus features for this show. So he's willing to be involved with the set.

4. Dennis the Menace - I pretty much want all of Nick at Nite's shows (from 1985-the late 90s). This is one I used to enjoy, but haven't seen in a while.

5. Mayberry R.F.D. - Is this as good as "The Andy Griffith Show"? Of course not. But I'm a completist. This is a continuation to TAGS, following the Mayberrians after Sheriff Andy Taylor moved away. So this is a show I need to own before I can feel my Andy Griffith collection is complete.

6. Family Matters - It would be more enjoyable to watch this show on DVD than to catch the occassional repeat on Nick at Nite. I grew up with this show and I want it on DVD.

7. Step by Step - I love it just as much as "Family Matters."

8. The Wonder Years - What can I say? This is a special show and deserves more than to just be ignored on DVD. It's not like it's being rerun currently (at least not where I live).

9. Extreme Ghostbusters - This, for the same reason I want "Mayberry R.F.D." I own all of "The Real Ghostbusters." But seeing as this is a continuation of that series (albeit with new animation and different characters, except for Egon and Slimer). So I need it.

10. Space Cases - Another Nickelodeon show I love. With only 26 episodes, this could be released as a complete series box set.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

How old are you nikkif99uk? That's a odd list of shows that not many people would want I suspect and doubt will ever see a DVD release.
Are you referring to post no. 1 of this thread? If you are, the ones I have heard of I don't think are odd.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Here's my list for Animated TV Series

Adventures of Gulliver
Adventures of Huck Finn
Fantastic 4
(1967 Hanna-Barbera)
Marvel Superheroes
(1966)
Lassie's Rescue Rangers
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Thundarr the Barbarian
Sealab 2020

And my "Holy Grail" of Animated series:

HOT WHEELS
SKYHAWKS

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

I'm hoping we'll see Dennis the Menace get released. I'm hoping to see Green Acres and Newhart restarted. And I'd love to see Daktari get a DVD release. I could go on listing dozens, but those are the first ones that popped into mind.
I'm 25 and a huge crime/Sci Fi fan. What's odd about my list?

Real Name
Joe
Doctor in the House (and its subsequent sequels. This show was syndicated in the US from Britain in the early seventies when the FCC forced the networks to roll back a half hour of prime time to local stations. One of the funniest shows I've ever seen)
The Wonder Years
The Detectives Starring Robert Taylor
Bachelor Father
The Name of the Game
Marcus Welby
Ben Casey
Dr. Kildare
Medical Center
The Bold Ones - Along with the the two TV movies that became the basis for the Lawyers Segment in this rotating series (The Senators, The Lawyers, The New Doctors, The Protectors)

Granted, the chances of these series making it to DVD are for the most part slim to absolutely none, and maybe that's why I would value them so much if by chance they did make it.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Doctor Doctor - Matt Frewer series
Max Headroom - Matt Frewer series
Probe - Burgess Meredith series
Batman - naturally
Midnight Caller
My World and Welcome To It

That's all I can think of.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks