What's new

Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
Fishes? Fishermen I suppose, tho in pc land we call them fishers.

The easiest job? Critic :)

I think Firemen are prety high on the list for physical injury; if you want to talk about the jobs that lead to burnout, madness and suicide, the list would get very long.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
What about jobs like underwater welders or oilrig workers (roughnecks)? I'm thinking those are a lot more dangerous than a roofer.
As for dangerous jobs I personally have held. I guess the most dangerous was as a butcher's assistant (which is how I lost my right hand).

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Richard, are you serious? :eek:

Yikes!!! Sorry about that. I really dont know what to say.

I dont think I could ever work with knives, etc. I am too clumsy for it...

I still have a scar on my hand from a box cutter from about 9 years ago...

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Things that should have made the list but didn't:

*Mercenary
*Death-Star repairman
*Rocket Propelled Personal Tranport Tester
*Drug Dealer
*Pitbull tickler
*Ninjas
*U.S. Military (Specifically special forces and helicopter pilot)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
maybe, but instead of saying 'firemen', we should shift over to pc land and start calling them 'fireers' :)

CJ

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I think in the UK, deep sea fisherman was classed as the most dangerous (i.e. the highest number of fatalities), closely followed by the divers working on the North Sea oil platforms. Apparently the North Sea is so cold during the winter that if you fell in without appropriate thermal protection you have about 30 seconds before hypothermia sets in.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
How odd. The Alaskan King crab fisherman held the #1 spot the last time I checked. I'm surprized they fell to #2.

I guess my job is at the #10 spot. And I haul gasoline!! :eek:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

Or in Ann Coulter land, women who fight fires are called "girl firemen".

I know the most dangerous branch of law to practice is that of "family" law (i.e. divorce lawyers). They get murdered by the opposing spouse at a very high rate.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Underwater welding should definitely be up there. I thought about doing it at when time but soon learned about the dangers and just went with the above ground variety. Very good money in it though.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

I'm intrigued by the concept of underwater welding. What makes it so dangerous? Is it done with arc or gas? Please excuse my stupidity, but I'm very curious.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
...underwater welding. What makes it so dangerous?[/Quote}

Mermen and Krakens are attracted to the bright lights of welding equipment. They do not appreciate land-apes in their undersea kingdom!

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson

Well first you have the risk of electric shock. You have to be very cautious that the equipment is well insulated and that the current is shut off immediately after the arc is extinguished. Secondly, hydrogen and oxygen are produced by the arc. Precautions must be taken to avoid the build-up of pockets of gas which could explode. Then you have the risk of the getting the bends. Overall it's just a dangerous job.

The main welding process used is arc.

StephenA

Screenwriter
What about being a police officer? I would say that's a dangerous job, especially if you work in a big city.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks