What's new

TOMBSTONE BLU-RAY ? (1 Viewer)

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yer Da
I think that a UK release might not be that far off. The UK rights recently reverted back to Buena Vista, who recently had the movie re-submitted for classification by the BBFC. Fingers crossed.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
This is good news. I really hope they take their time with this BR version and do it up right this time. I can't wait!

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yer Da
An audio commentary has just be classified, so clearly Buena Vista are looking to do something with Tombstone this year in the UK.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan

I don't know about Blu-ray, but the 2 disc DVD is being released on 13/4/09 (Play.com), replacing that awful non-anamorphic disc, which is now deleated

dschill

Grip
Real Name
Micheal
hmm i can only imagine seeing the sexy angelina jolie in blueray on a gigantic t.v mmmm...

Bill Hunt

Insider
Rest assured, I have SPECIFICALLY been lobbying Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment for this title for some time, as it's one of my favorites. They've told me that it isn't coming this year, but it IS on their radar, so hopefully in 2010.

crazyfan

Auditioning
Real Name
mary
Charlie is a well-to-do bachelor with a house at the beach, a Jaguar in the front, and an easy way with women.Two and a Half Men Seasons 1-6 DVD Boxset His casual Malibu lifestyle is interrupted when his tightly wound brother Alan, who's facing a divorce, and his son Jake, come to live with him. Together, these two and a half men dvd confront the challenges of growing up; finally. In Two and a half men seasons 1-6 dvd boxsetComplicating matters are the brothers' self-obsessed, controlling mother, Evelyn, Alan's estranged wife, Judith and Charlie's crazy neighbor Rose, who wants to be a part of his life and is willing to do anything to be around.
Two and a half men. The title is misleading. It is not about half of a person, just an annoying chubby kid, his bothersome dad, and his a** hole uncle. This show sucks. it is just not funny. two and a half men 1-6
It seems like no matter how hard this show tries, it just can't be funny to me. the acting is okay but the overall plot is stupid. Not to mention the fact that every episode is filled with hackneyed jokes and stupid puns. In Two and a half men season 6 dvd boxsetI find all three main characters annoying. Let's start with Charlie sheen's character. He is a boozing jingle writer with an obsession for whores

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
Sky in the UK have what looks to be a new HD transfer that they just started showing.
This is the best the movie has looked since the cinema, and it blows away the nasty Vista series dvd transfer with the bad EE

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Add my voice to those calling for a Tombstone BD. One of my favourite movies, and a good ol' rip-roaring Western @ that, too.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
A movie I have memorized and really want on Blu. I just hope they don't do a "Hell's coming with it" Special Edition! :)

rulethe

Auditioning
Real Name
aravind
Hi everybody,
I am new to this site.I hope this site will help me to understand quickly
I would like to say "hi" to all members Welcome to the forum .

rulethe

Auditioning
Real Name
aravind
Hi everybody,
I would like to say "hi" to all members Welcome to the forum.

rulethe

Auditioning
Real Name
aravind
Hi everybody,
I would like to say "hi" to all members Welcome to the forum .

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the Tombstone Blu-Ray release on April 27th is the theatrical version or not?
I personally prefer that over the Director's Cut, though I did like to watch some of the deleted scenes that were put back in.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd just be satisfied with an acceptable transfer! Tombstone has looked like complete crap on home video for far too long. The DVD is a travesty and I hope that some resources have been spent to ensure that the Blu-ray release is done RIGHT.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/9/95/avatar-60-9.jpg[/img]] [/img] Extras below, looks like a double dip on the way for the DC and the missing extras. If the master used is the same one Sky uses for HD showings (TC 1080i) its miles better than the old master
Tombstone
  • 1080P 2.35:1 WidescreenEnglish 5.1 DTS-HD MA
  • French and Spanish DD2.0
  • English ESL & SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
  • The Making of Tombstone – Featurette in three parts: “An Ensemble Cast,” “Making An Authentic Western,” and “The Gunfight At The O.K. Corral.”
  • Director’s Original Storyboards
  • Theatrical Trailers, Teasers and T.V. Spots

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Mike Wadkins

If the master used is the same one Sky uses for HD showings (TC 1080i) its miles better than the old master

That's not saying a whole lot. :) I'll wait until some reviews start showing up before deciding on a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks