What's new

Directors Toilet paper...Top or Bottom??? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Hey everyone,

I have this weird obsession about toilet paper. My toilet paper has to come off the top. I hate it when the toilet paper comes out the bottom. If I'm ever at a friends house and I see the tp is coming out from the bottom, I take it off and flip it around. Isn't this a weird obsession?

So how do you all like it? Coming off top or bottom?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I just like having it there, nothing worse then sitting down, dropping the kids off at the pool and looking over to see...well, nothing but an empty brown cardboard roll.
Peace Out~:D

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I prefer toilet paper to come off the top because it makes it easier to grab. For me it's a preference, not a mandate.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
At my house the toilet paper is set to unroll from the bottom because of our cat. If it is set the other way the cat will empty an entire roll in minutes as she playfully paws at it. I have no idea how the cat figured this out. For monthes at a time nothing happens but if someone installs the toilet paper improperly, the cat will unroll the entire thing within hours of it being installed. ;)
Chris

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I worked in a couple of hotels when I was younger - and proper procedure is for the paper to come over the top, never the bottom.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
I prefer it from the top but like ChristopherS, we need to have it from the bottom thanks to the cat.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
From the bottom, and if a guest came over and switched it on me, I'd kick his ass!
I'm with Michael*K - it has to come from the back of the roll or else it looks messy: you want the paper to drape down next to the wall.
You're all just weirdos for liking it the other way... :crazy:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
"...toilet paper hung in inproper overhand fashion..." -The Simpsons

Everyone knows overhand is better!

Am I the only one who wonders why they don't mount the roll up at about 4-5ft? You're standing to use it, why all the bending? Frank Gilbreth would never had stood for it

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
For months at a time nothing happens but if someone installs the toilet paper improperly, the cat will unroll the entire thing within hours of it being installed.
Interesting...I wonder if the cat is always checking it out, waiting for someone to do it the other way.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Top. Definetly the top. You can turn me into a bitch real fast by changing my toilet paper to the bottom.:alien:

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
It must be over the top for me too.
Very young kids are like cats :) and will unroll the tp too. So I've seen households that use the under the bottom method to stop them. I'm usually one to switch the roll around when it's backwards, unless there are really young kids in the house.
But when my kids were at that age I still used the over the top method. I just put up with their tp roll spinning. :D

R

RossTerry

Am I the only one who wonders why they don't mount the roll up at about 4-5ft? You're standing to use it, why all the bending? Frank Gilbreth would never had stood for it
i dont especially want to get graphic but would you mind explaining better

Todd K

Second Unit
No, no, no? I am astounded by all the overhand people here, I thought it would have been more balanced. I'm underhand all the way. First of all, much in the same way you don't want the cat to paw the paper, you yourself don't want to have to paw to get the roll started. When it's underhand the end dangles down usually and it's easy to grab. There are so many other reasons why it's better, but I know I'm right so I won't take the time to explain them.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Seeing all of these "over the top" people restores my faith in humanity. Definitely the only way to dispense toilet paper!

And paper towels too for that matter, unless you have one of those vertical holders.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Dude, if the loose end is hanging next to the wall it's harder to grab. I need that loose end hanging over the top so it's got a good 3-5 inches of clearance for a swift and easy *snatch*.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks