What's new

To Classic Rock fans (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
DAMN, Jeff!

How did I forget Robin Trower?!?!?!?!

Thats the problem with these threads, its like naming your favorite 5 Playboy Centerfolds of the last 40 years.....it just can't be done.

Talk about having a signature guitar tone...and in spite of what I said previously about Angus Young's vibrato, I think Robin would probably trump even the mighty Angus!

For the youngsters reading this thread who don't know who Trower is, heres a link to a thread discussing his latest CD:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ghlight=Trower

Just to get you started, run out and buy Bridge of Sighs and then his new one, Living Out of Time.

And if anyone chimes in and says he is just a Hendrix wannabe...I am coming to your house to kick your dog.

BGL

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Based on some the responses here[Vangelis Mike Oldfield]I guess it's up to ones "interpretation" of the genre.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Ac/Dc
Aerosmith
Floyd
Zeppelin
Van Halen
ZZ Top
Neil Diamond
Sabbath w/ Ozzy
CCR
Tom Petty
Springsteen
The Who
Beatles

Couldnt keep it to 5. Too hard.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

The blues? They're inspirations for rock, but that doesn't MAKE them rock. They shouldn't be on a list of "classic rock" artists...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yup. However, I think Bruce matches the standard "classic rock" criteria a LOT better than Vangelis or Jean-Michael Jarre! :eek: Jeff, don't know what you were smoking when you decided to add them to a list of "classic rock" acts! :D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
To me, classic rock is anything from the late sixties or seventies. Of course I forgot Styx (Equinox), Moody Blues, Fleetwood Mac, Ted Nugent, Prism, The Eagles, Camel, James Gang &/or Joe Walsh, King Crimson, Steve Miller, Tangerine Dream, Gary Numan, Gordon Lightfoot, Terry Jacks, The Guess Who, Trooper, The Beach Boys...

Tom McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Colin, Just did that to get a rise out of people and alot of the younger folks have know idea what any of those 5 sound like. My list would really be

Pink Floyd
Crosby,Stills,Nash & Young
The Who
Beatles
The Band

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Fair enough, but shouldn't classic rock acts actually make ROCK music? Hate to tell ya, but Vangelis ain't rock!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I have a hard time putting Tangerine Dream in the classic rock category too. Good stuff, but not really "classic rock".

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Queen
Rush
And thirteen bands tied for the fifth spot...

Thanks for the reminder, Jeff and Brian, to pull out my copy of Bridge of Sighs and listen to it yet again. It's been sitting idle for four or five months.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks