What's new

TNA Impact! (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link Ryan. First time for me seeing the actual footage. Wow...saying he was extremely lucky is an understatement.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
To 3 matches for Genesis according to TNA Wrestling's website.

*Jeff Jarrett & America's Most Wanted vs. Rhino & Team 3D
*3 Live Krew vs. Team Canada return bout
*Jeff Hardy vs. Monty Brown for the top contender spot to the world champion.
and as a result of this thursday's special AJ Styles vs. Peety Williams

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
*Abyss vs. Sabu No DQ also on Genesis.

Finally caught Impact this week, the Strong/Shelley vs. Styles/Dutt tag match ruled the school.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Better episode than last week.

It was nice to see Dudley's get some time to talk. I don't remember them doing much talking in WWE.

That tag match was good. I love Strong's backbreakers!

Tomorrow night is the big show. I'll predict a 1.5 rating.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
TNA special thoughts.

It was a good show that will be remembered for the wrong thing. The X-Division matches were the standout matches in the ring as they should've been. Rhino vs. Jarrett was not bad at all & the opener continued the Sabu/Abyss feud which I'm really digging.

But, unfortunately the thing I will remember most about the special is the Jarrett title change being given away by the second Genesis commercial. That's a pretty major whoops! Can't wait for the PPV.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Good show. It was just really nice to have a prime-time wrestling show besides one from WWE.

I liked the use/re-use of the video packages to welcome the new viewers.

The six-man match was the best. I was a little disappointed by the X match. The other matches served their purposes.

I didn't notice that goof.

If I was a new viewer, the show made me want to see more of TNA.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The rating is in. It did a 0.9 which has got to be, at the very least, a minor disappointment. I think that the 12/8 rating will be a better indicater as they'll get more than 2 weeks to promote it.

James T

Screenwriter

This was the first TNA show I watched and since I was flipping channels, I stumbled halfway through the X match. I thought it was pretty well done. It was something new (or something I hadn't seen before) and the bumps the wrestlers took....I'm just glad they have a slinky for a spine.

I never really cared much for the championship match. That's probably b/c I don't know the full context of it. Rhyno as a champ? Rhyno being cheered with a standup crowd? It's like a bizzaro WWE.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
James, the title match would've made more sense had you seen either the previous Pay Per View or the video package leading up to it. Rhino as champion for as brief a time as it ended up being was definitely questionable, but the story they told at the Pay Per View was not a bad one. Essentially, Rhino started out the night as a heel, but after winning Monsters ball which has to be seen to be believed, surviving a 10 man contenders gauntlet and then overcoming interference to gain the title, he became an over face by the end of the night. Plus, and not being a regular TNA viewer you wouldn't know this but the TNA crowd doesn't cheer for heels and faces, they cheer for whoever they like.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
That rating is really disappointing. I thought TNA presented a show that would have won over many new viewers, but probably the same .9 TNA viewers watched the show.

Anyone know how well of a job Spike did of promoting it?

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thi, I would say that the rating is a minor disappointment. The good, their audience followed them, so they held their Impact Audience on a different night. The show was promoted, SpikeTV bought time on Howard Stern earlier in the week, but again this special wasn't announced on TNA TV until the day before Bound for Glory so they had basically 2 Impacts to promote it. The special on 12/8 will be a better indicator of where TNA really stands and there will be more time to promote it. But again, to hold your audience, an audience you've really only had for a month is not to be sneezed at. But, yes, I did expect it to be higher and this rating is a reminder that TNA has a long way to go, but again this is a marathon not a sprint and both TNA and SpikeTV know that.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
From TNA Wrestling

On Tuesday morning, TNA management informed TNAwrestling.com that the company has come to terms with a "major acquisition" who will appear this Sunday during
the live "Genesis" Pay-Per-View.

When reached for comment, TNA President Dixie Carter offered the following:

"This is the single biggest jump in TNA history," Carter said. "The contract is signed, the travel is set and in my opinion, 'Genesis' just got a whole
lot more intriguing."

TNA will have further information on the "major acquisition" this Sunday on the live countdown preshow a half hour before "Genesis".

Plus, 2 matches added to the preshow.
*The Naturals & Lance Hoyt vs. Diamonds in the Rough
*Shark Boy vs. Nigel McGuinness

James T

Screenwriter
Good for him. He deserves a lot better than what the WWE had to offer(and I'm not referring to money). I just don't like that the WWE owns the name Christian. It's going to take some getting used to to call him by another name

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks