1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TiVo rebate denied.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jon_Are, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Well-Known Member

I had been a subscriber for over a year when I decided to upgrade to a dual tuner box. I had asked on a Tivo forum whether I would be eligible for a rebate and was assured that I would be.

So now they've denied my rebate for this reason: "New TiVo Service or TiVo Plus service activation is needed in order qualify for the rebate."

So I'll never again be eligible for a Tivo rebate?

Would this have worked if I had cancelled my service, then re-subscribed?

Any suggestions on how I can fix this (I've already contacted Tivo customer service but have not heard back).

Thanks,

Jon

2. Brian^K

Brian^K Well-Known Member

The rebate rules clearly state that new TiVo Service Activation is required: "Activate new TiVo® service before 1/31/2007 and remain active for a minimum of 30 days." I wouldn't trust information on a forum that contradicts the actual wording of the offer you're asking about.

3. Brian Glaeske

Brian Glaeske Well-Known Member

Any time you buy a new TiVo, it is a new subscription, no?

Although the mentality of corporate America emphasizes "new customers" over keeping existing customers.

4. Brian^K

Brian^K Well-Known Member

It is very common for businesses to provide an extra incentive for new customers to select their service.