What's new

TIVO problems! (1 Viewer)

jason willder

Stunt Coordinator
My Tivo has started causing a random sort of flashing. It almost looks like a problem with vertical hold. It gets some white bands that flash on and bounce up the screen. It is intermittant and random. I have done two hours of troubleshooting. It is definitly the Tivo. It seems to stop after the machine has cooled down and starts again several minutes after resetting. Has anyone else seen this? I hope the warranty is still good. This is my second machine. Should I have bought the Sony? I will call Tivo central tommorrow.

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
What temperature is your Tivo running at when these problems occur? Check the System Information screen. It could be overheating due to being in an enclosed space or having a bad fan.

The only other idea I have is that the MPEG chip is bad. Check your temp first, and if that's ok, I'd definately call Tivo.

- Mike

jason willder

Stunt Coordinator
My first Tivo dvr2 went bad the first week I had it. I exchanged it for a new one. My second one has gone bad ten months out. Tivo changed their technical assistance number to a long distance number. After fifteen minutes on the phone I was told I would get another exchange but I would have to pay $99 in labor. So now I have $250 in my original machine, $250 in service and now another $100 for another rebuilt piece of crap. I am one year into the service and will have over $600 dollars invested. I think I can safely say I will have to buy another machine in the coming months. When do I say goodbye to all my money invested and stop buying machines and live without the service. If I buy a machine every year at $100 each I will have over a thousand invested within five years. I don't think Tivo is backing its product very well. They obviously don't have much confidence in the quality of their product if all they offer is a 90 day full warranty. I wonder if it is part of their business plan to make you pay $99 labor charges every time a machine breaks.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I used to love my Tivo. Now I hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks