What's new

TiVo connections and questions (1 Viewer)

SarahG

Second Unit

Ok, well that's a good idea. I can't imagine that it would be too long before they can get the updates via satellite, like you said. Since the updates aren't neccessarily mandatory and aren't that timely, I won't be missing much by getting rid of my land line in exchange for voip.

MikeJM

Grip
I am thinking about doing my own install. A friend said it is better to hace D* do the install as too many bad things can happen if you aren't trained. Any thoughts?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not professionally trained as a satellite installer but with reading here and a few satellite dedicated forums, I installed mine (multiple times) and a few systems for friends. If you don't want a basic install, it's a great way to save money. My wife did not want cables run on the outside of the house so an advanced install was my only choice. It only cost me the price of a 500ft spool of RG-6 and some compression F-connectors.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks