1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TITANIC: You all knew this was coming...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Nicholas Martin, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

2. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    From a poster at your link:

Paramount would likely release it on HD-DVD in region 1. My guess...sometime around 2010. [​IMG]

Maybe there will be a "happy ending" like in the botched release of Brazil. You know: where undercover Navy divers on Titanic go patch the holes in the hull so the ship doesn't sink. Rose gives the bloody stone back and runs off into the sunset with Jack. [​IMG]

Or maybe have Rose, instead of tossing the gem over the side (what a friggin waste), takes it back and uses it to endow a school for the arts named after Jack. Something like the "Jack Dawson School of Fine Arts at the University of Minnesota".

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

I didn't know it was coming, and I gotta admit I'm surprised. It's only been 2 years since the terrific Titanic SE, and I figured that was it. Guess not!

4. ChristopherBlig

ChristopherBlig Stunt Coordinator

and then in that new happy ending they bore a son named Richard and he went on to host the FAMILY FEUD!!!!

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I assume that this is just the first two discs from the three disc set but this time it'll be in an amaray case, have a '10th Anniversary' banner slapped on it and will be $5 or $10 cheaper. In other words, pretty useless unless you don't have the SE or are a serious completist.

6. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

HA! How random.

7. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Titanic: The "Bumped The Third Man Off the AFI 100 List" Edition

8. Daniel-M

Daniel-M Second Unit

How was the 4 discser not enough

9. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

still have not bought the last one

10. MarkBurton

MarkBurton Second Unit

When Titanic is available in Hi-Def, I will order the Fox Blu-Ray version from Japan since Japan is Region 1 with the United States.

Blu-ray Region Codes:

Region A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Phillipines, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.

Region A/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

Region A/3: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mainland China, Pakistan, Russia, Central and South Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:B...s_with_key.png

11. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    Maybe this one will finally include the feature-length Ed Marsh documentary that Cameron dropped at the last minute from the 3-disc version?

(Dare to dream?)

12. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Cinematographer

Joel Henderson
    In all likely hood its probably just a Godfather style repackaging with just the first two discs at a more consumer friendly price.

13. WillG

WillG Producer

It's already pretty cheap. I got mine fo like 18 bucks and it is regularly part of weekly sales at B&Ms

14. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I have resisted in purchasing this movie, since I was kind of tired of the movie after it's theater run. I might just "pull the trigger" and buy this version.

15. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

The HD version that TNT showed this last weekend looked terrific---the flying sequence in particular was drop-dead gorgeous.

16. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

I've already got the box set. The next time I purchase Titanic will be when Paramount delivers it on HD DVD.

17. Tony J Case

Tony J Case Cinematographer

I still haven't bought this shmaltzy, manipulative, emotionally false film, but I do have to admit that when you get away from the hard to swallow romance and get on with the disaster, it's a great film. A well put together recreation of the Titanic that does look gorgeous.

So perhaps I was right to hold off buying the previous set(s). If I can find someone dumping their double dip on ebay for a song, I'll jump.

18. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

I got the 4 disc set (actually was the ltd. 5 disc with "Ghosts..." from Virgin) from the UK because they gypped the US market last time and left off stuff.

I agree this seems very unneccesary and would love a proper HD presentation. I know Cameron calls the theatrical cut the "director's" one but I liked alot of the scenes they cut for time, pacing. The extended night with Jack and Rose was excellent and I loved the longer scenes with Tommy and Fabrizio with his budding romance with the swedish(?) girl...

[​IMG]

19. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'm happy with the movie staying the way it is but if there was one scene that I'd like to see in the movie, it's the one with them walking on the deck after the party in steerage.

Of course, I'm glad to see the deleted scenes as supplements.

EDIT: Yeah, she's Swedish. [​IMG]

20. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

I made my own extended cut. Took over a year of subtle revisions to get it right and even though it's still not perfect, it's as good as I can make it. I'm satisfied.