What's new

TITANIC DVD Cover art- request a change here! (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I am following the suggestion provided to me by Bill Hunt, editor of The Digital Bits, and starting this new thread, exclusively for sending complaints and simple requests for a change in the recently revised cover art for "Titanic: 3- disc Special Collector's Edition" DVD.

This is in response to Paramount adding a very out-of-place image of director James Cameron on the once elegant cover art.

Mr. Hunt said that he could send the thread link to Paramount so they could read the comments, and hopefully comply with a change, or a simple reversion to the previous design.

The more you write about how important this is to all of you fans of this great film, the better our chances the studio might listen to our admittedly simple plea.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I would bet the chances of having the artwork changed back to the Cameron-less original version are slim to none. James Cameron is probably the one who insisted on the revision to include his image. His ego is legendary in Hollywood.

Fabien Renelli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fabien Renelli
The new cover art is really ugly. I mean, is it a joke ? I can do better with my own Photoshop !!!

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
The cover art is fine because it's derived from the international poster. It's just the picture of Cameron directing Winslet and Leo is more of a picture reserved for a behind the scenes section.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Yup, the addition of the "Behind the Scenes" picture messes up a previously classy cover. I'd certainly appreciate a revision.

Chris

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Normally, I stay out of "give us" threads, but this is important. I love Jim Cameron and his films, and I appreciate the support studios give him. That said I love movies more, and his Titanic most of all. Please reconsider this cover, which lays bare the fact that this is just a movie, as opposed to a story. It makes the magical clinical, and there is no need for that on the packaging. Yes, I'll watch the extras, yes, this is a great picture for the back cover, and yes, I'll buy it anyway.

But respect the magic of motion pictures.

No directors on covers,
Chuck

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Yes, please revert back to the original version. The signature can remain, but the photo must go, and also everyone seems to miss the fact that the title of the film has been lower to the middle from the top, and this makes it look very poor design-wise.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Please go back to the original cover art. It was simple and elegant and reflected the grand scope of the film. The revised art looks a disjointed with the addition of the awkwardly placed Cameron pic on the cover. The original cover art was excellent. The modified design reduces the size of the ship to facilitate the picture of Cameron and oddly places the title of the film in the middle of the cover. Please reconsider the decision to modify the art.

FYI, for those who are interested:

Original Cover Art :emoji_thumbsup:

New Cover Art: :thumbsdown:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I couldn't agree more. Keep the signature, but please restore the artwork to the earlier, less cluttered and out-of-place artwork.

Also - is it just me, or is that "3-disc set" graphic really old fasnioned? I think we all know what 3 discs look like!

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
April fools is still April 1st, isn't it? I bursted out in laughter seeing that artwork! This is 10 times worse than the Kevin Smith picture on the Jersey Girl artwork.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I like Cameron as a filmmaker. REALLY like him.

I DO NOT want him on the front cover.

Backside or Disc 3 artwork only, please.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Yeah it's so obviously positioned to look like he's trying to reach the Oscar...

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Whats the purpose of showing the two main actors TWICE in the cover art, along with Cameron who is not an actor but a film maker? Not only did they ruin what was otherwise a very classy cover art, they make it seem more like its a pure marketing ploy. I thought Cameron was better than this, given that he has devoted quite a bit of time to releasing this SE. There is still some time though but not much to change it.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Here I quickly made my own version, using the main element of the original, and some elements of the revised (upper banner, signature).

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I have to add my .02¢ worth and say that the new art is a disaster in itself. Isn't the movie "Titanic" not "Cameron"??? Why isn't the ship a focal point any longer? I am hoping this is a hoax!

Have you also noticed the spine is different between the old and new art and look at the numbering. doesn't the old say 03136 and the new 03135 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks