What's new

Titanic (1953) Blu-ray for April 2 (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
On Blu-ray.com they posted that the UK branch of Fox announced that the Jean Negulesco's 1953 version of TITANIC will hit the stores as a Blu-ray title on April 2, 2012. Can always use some Barbara Stanwyck in Blu along with Audrey Dalton, Clifton Webb and Robert Wagner.

With this news, I can only hope that Criterion will also do a Blu-ray release of A NIGHT TO REMEMBER, which I think is the best of all the Titanic films.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7794

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
It's interesting that the UK branch announces these so much further in advance than the US branch... We found out about "Cleopatra" in early October but we're still awaiting official confirmation on this side of the pond...

SteveJKo

Second Unit
ahollis said:
....With this news, I can only hope that Criterion will also do a Blu-ray release of A NIGHT TO REMEMBER, which I think is the best of all the Titanic films.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7794
Very glad to hear about this. I love the '53 Titanic. But like you, my main hope is for A Night To Remember to be announced on blu-ray.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
SteveJKo said:
Very glad to hear about this. I love the '53 Titanic. But like you, my main hope is for A Night To Remember to be announced on blu-ray.
Amazon has A Night to Remember as a March 27 release from Criterion.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Going to be a heck of a period for Titanic buffs, given we got the classic out on blu a week before the anniversary and the Cameron movie out in theaters on April 9th.

Just need History/A&E to reissue their 4 hour doc on the sinking and it's Christmas in April for me.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
This is will be the second Clifton Webb film to be released on BD. There will certainly be at least one more (Laura). TCM has been scheduling many of his unreleased films. I would love it if Fox would do one of its year end box sets devoted to him on BD, DVD or some combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks