What's new

Tipping Question - Part 37 (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'll agree with that, but my point is that you have NO reason to be "mad" because they charge you for it.

Why does everyone expect free things in order to constitute repeat business? Why don't we judge a place for the service we get for our money? Sure it's nice to get free stuff, but I don't see why you'd judge a place because you didn't get MORE than your moneys worth.

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac
There are two pizza restaurants. One offers complimentary cokes while you wait for your to-go order. The other does not. Which one gives the best "value"?

I judge a place based on my perceived value for my money.

Kevin Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
When tipping a cow, never do it from the downhill side.

(Gravity works)

Back on topic:

1) I do not tip for counter pick-ups.

2) I would not expect a complimentary beverage other than water.

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac

The quality of the food is only one of many factors to consider. What about cost? We eat at CiCi's occasionally. Most would probably agree that their pizza is not as good as say Pizza Hut, but it's a lot cheaper and they have a buffet. That makes it a good "value"! BTW, that is the place that offers the complimentary drink (at least ours). What about availablility/convenience/location? How about variety?

I can judge a place based on the highest quality food, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm always going to go there.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Again, huge markups. Same principle applies. Most restaurant owners would much rather not give up 100% (or more) markup unless it's to placate an irate customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks