What's new

Tiny Mity II is out!!! (1 Viewer)

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Parts Express has what looks to be the successor to the DLS-10 on it's deal of the day - $99 for a 10" sub, and if it is anything like my DLS-10 Tiny Mity, it's enough to get more than a few folks evicted from apartments...

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
WOW! Did they finally put something together. I'll have to take a trip over and check it out. The one I bought for fun sure was a good little unit for the $$.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Your beyond me Wayne. Could you explain that joke to me? It seems as though I have seen that statement a few other times and I still don't get it. Man I can be slow.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I meant that if the sub didn't work out in the living room or family room, it's small enough that it would fit into the bathroom for enjoyment in there.

Joey_N

Agent
Already bought a SVS, but would love to hear how these perform from someone here. Just waiting for the review :)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
If it's anything like the original then is should be pretty damn nice. It's butt ugly vs. the original, but what do you want for $100! :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Since you kind of got the last DLS going to a certain degree. What do you think about buying one Brian and letting us know how it performs? It is a little on the ugly side I agree. I bet for $99+ it cant be touched though.

GregAV

Agent
Thanks for the heads up on the price drop :) Was considering buying it once it had been reviewed, but at $99 it's worth a bit of a risk. As Brian Bunge pointed out in my thread on the #300-632, if I dont find it up to expectations, I should be able to sell it np(and Parts Express has a 45 day money back policy too).

I had thought the upgraded "Tiny Mighty" had gained 5lbs, but I was looking at shipping weight apparently. Still - at a claimed ability to reach 25Hz and considering the performance of the original, chances are good that Parts Express didn't design a lemon. Been waiting a long time for "Tiny Mighty II", but I really dont see the upgrade they had claimed would follow after the demise of the 300-630. The amp specs/weight/finish seems the same, they likely didn't change the driver(no specs given), wondering if the upgrade consists of marketing it at 25Hz as opposed to the #630's rated 30Hz(though it woud reach 27Hz). I'm not sure if the change to a bottom firing design will hurt speaker responsiveness. - Any thoughts ?

I'm also wondering if the sale price will be discontinued if word gets out that the thing stomps at a price/performance lvl.

There are a Lot of cheapo subs out there, but I hadn't seen any reviewed that were compelling enough to buy. I missed out on the #300-630 by...one...day... Not this time - I just ordered, should be here in about a week :)

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
If you are looking for a small sub, you should know that SVS is releasing a line of small subs early next year. They told me the other day that they are releasing a couple at first, with more to follow. And they assure me that they are small and will fade into living rooms, etc.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I've got so many speakers and subs lying around the house right now that I'm not going to buy anything else to clutter up the place even more. My wife would probably kill me! :)

As far as downfiring vs. forwardfiring there shouldn't be any difference in "responsiveness" as long as the driver can handle being mounted downward.

GregAV

Agent
Sale price was discontinued, back up to $125. Perhaps they'll offer them on Ebay like they did the original.

Nice to hear SVS will be offering small subs in the near future, but the DSL's appeal was bang for the buck as it was "the" entry lvl sub to buy and last time I looked - SVS wasn't cheap.

If the DLS doesn't live up to my expectations I'll probably swap it out for a plate amp, buy a DPL12/Shiva and pay a lumber guy to cut the MDF for me.

Thanks for clearing up the downfiring question Brian, I had heard that over time a driver may sag and took it a bit further and wondered if gravity might hamper driver performance slightly. Also had wondered if the concussive force and/or sound pressure built beneath a downfiring design to a minor negative effect. (*Sigh* - ignorance isn't actually bliss, although fewer headaches does have appeal - heh)

Though I have followed the forum for quite some time, I am indeed a "Noob". As Brian had agreed with my idea that PartsExpress should send him a #300-632 to review, I just submitted the following on their site :

I have just purchased this product and would like to offer a suggestion as to increasing your sales volume of this particular model.

Home Theater Forum (link deleted) has had a long history of admiring the #300-630 before it was discontinued, and the current thread on the #300-632 is over 400 views in a couple of days. The interest is still there - but people are waiting/wondering about it's capabilities.

The original #630 became known on the forum as "the" entry lvl sub to buy primarily because of the input of Brian Bunge, a professional speaker builder who noted he had heard it and was amazed at the sound quality. He also stated he could build something similar, but at nowhere near the pricepoint PartsExpress offers. It is generally felt that he has sold a lot of subs for you - he still continues to do so in the current thread on the #632.

I had voiced opinion that Parts express should send him a #300-632 for detailed review and he was agreeable, but stated PartsExpress perhaps doesn't know him well enough to do so. You should - here is a link to his forum bio.

(link deleted - pesky forum rules...)

The guy is well respected, has nothing to gain from reviewing the sub (other than perhaps a bit of flack from his wife about "another" subwoofer in the house), if the #300-632 is actually noteworthy it would serve your interests to provide a review sample.

I intend to post my impressions of the sub once I receive it, but he would no doubt do a much more detailed analysis.

Thank you for your consideration,

Greg Vaughan

Sorry Brian if I managed to step on your toes with this, but you didn't seem to be blowing your own horn - and I used to play the trumpet.

Greg

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

I'm really flattered by your email to Parts Express. I can't help but feel that maybe you have exaggerated just how much I was responsible for promoting the original Dayton 10" sub. I am, however, happy for whatever part I had in helping others find what I felt was one hell of a deal for a quality subwoofer.

In any event, I do appreciate the kind words. If they should choose to send me one I'll be more than happy to check it out!;)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Man the new one is butt ugly though, hey Brian! Should have stayed with the slot port design, (much more attractive IMO) seems the new box design/look is to accomadate the longer port length needed for tuning....

They PE, don't often, if ever exagerate their subs response, tho they could be counting/adding average possible room gain to reach the 25hz quoted response.
If this is not the case, lower 20's in room could be very possible.
An impressive afforadable 10" sub it certainly would be...

Looks as tho they could get a straight flared port length of (16.5 or longer) given it's box dimensions.

Hope it performs up to, or surpasses the old DLS-10 unit, as this will make many people very happy with their theaters bottom end,,, and on the cheap!
But where to hide it from view is the question...:D

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks