What's new

Timeslip (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
With all of the mostly good reviews that “The Time Tunnel” has received, I was curious as to whether anyone has seen the 1970 British time travel series “Timeslip” which A&E released on a Region 1 set last year. Any recommendations, or is this one to stay away from?

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I just got this the other day. I've only watched the first two (25 minute) episodes (of a six episode story), but am quite impressed. I think the writing will be the strong point of the series. It's mainly about young people (about 14), but doesn't contain dumbed down dialogue like say, Land of the Lost (which I like but is definitely a kids show). Think Twilight Zone done as a serial, but always about time travel.

British 1970, B&W (think it was originally in color, may have been lost). 26 episodes (4 stories)

Jason-D

Agent
I bought this set new for $22 from Hamiltonbooks.com and it was worth that much, but I would have been disappointed if I had paid anywhere near full retail for it. The show ran for one full season (1970) in serial format, like Doctor Who, so there are four stories altogether for a total of 26 half hour episodes. It was originally produced in color but, as is typical for older British TV shows, does not survive in pristine condition so only one episode is presented in color on the DVD set. The plots revolve around two present-day (1970) British pre-teens and their adventures related to a time anomaly that variously sends them to the recent and distant past and the near and far future. It seems much more solidly aimed at a children's audience than Doctor Who and was mainly appealing to me as a period piece.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Yeah I got it new off ebay for about $15. All that A&E stuff, including Gerry Anderson stuff, can be had new for half retail or less.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Thanks for your comments, gentlemen. Looks like something that I'll pick up down the line, probably from HamiltonBook.com since I've dealt with them before on other A&E releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks