What's new

Timeless New Acquisitions! (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Richard, I just finished watching Mackenzie's Raiders and I thought the prints looked excellent along the same ZIV line as Sea Hunt and Harbor Command.I also thought the show was interesting and better written than I had expected.

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
Well, you must have been burning the midnight oil to have watched the whole set so quickly Bob.It will take me about a six months at least.

Have checked it though & I agree the prints look excellent, looks like a solid entry in the western genre.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Bob Gu said:
Richard, I just finished watching Mackenzie's Raiders and I thought the prints looked excellent along the same ZIV line as Sea Hunt and Harbor Command.I also thought the show was interesting and better written than I had expected.
Thanks, Bob. I'm not surprised because I have been very happy with the ZIV programs which have been released on DVD to date.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Bob Gu said:
Picked up Mackenzie's Raiders as a blind buy.The other black and white
blind buys were worth it: Stoney Burke,Ripcord,Sea Hunt.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I just got Mackenzie's Raiders set.On the box it says "note:does not contain "Death Road"-Ep.38"
Any information on why this is missing?

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Anyone noticed a lack of announcements from Timeless lately? Let's hope we see some new ZIV releases soon. For the time being , Waterfront , Everglades , and World Of Giants would be nice!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If Shout is striking up deals with Fox once again, then the Timeless label remains the perfect one to handle the B/W Four Star catalog.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
If Shout is striking up deals with Fox once again, then the Timeless label remains the perfect one to handle the B/W Four Star catalog.
I'd go for Zane Grey Theater, in which several episodes were pilots that spawned such series as Trackdown, Black Saddle, Johnny Ringo, and The Westerner. Crime dramas like The Detectives starring Robert Taylor, Dante, starring Howard Duff, Target: The Corruptors, and The Dick Powell Show/Theater would be ideal candidates, for the last one listed here had pilots that also spawned a couple of series, Burke's Law and Saints and Sinners

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
First and foremost though, a complete "Burke's Law" and then "The Rogues"!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Darby67 said:
I'm still hoping Timeless comes through with a complete series release of The Rebel.

Darby
Keep those fingers crossed, Darby. :)

Gary "I believe we will see this one sooner rather than later" O.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Thanks for the encouragement, Gary. I have made several blind buys of tv show sets (either season or complete series) based the the opinions of HTF members like yourself and I have never been disappointed. So, a big thank you to my fellow HTF'ers for sharing their insights.

Fingers and toes crossed :)

Darby

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Jack P said:
Four Star has a lot of interesting shows like Hey Jeannie , Target The Corrupters , Trackdown, Johnny Ringo , The Westerner, Mr Adams And Eve, Tom Ewell Show , McKeever And The Colonel, Hollywood A Gogo, LLoyd Bridges Show , Black Saddle , Richard Diamond , Smothers Brothers , etc. not to mention the rest of Big Valley . Let's hope Shout/Timeless makes some deals for Four Star shows!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Having watched their release of ZIV's West Point I'd like to see them put out it's "Sister Show" Annapolis.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
LouA said:
Four Star has a lot of interesting shows like Hey Jeannie , Target The Corrupters , Trackdown, Johnny Ringo , The Westerner, Mr Adams And Eve, Tom Ewell Show , McKeever And The Colonel, Hollywood A Gogo, LLoyd Bridges Show , Black Saddle , Richard Diamond , Smothers Brothers , etc. not to mention the rest of Big Valley . Let's hope Shout/Timeless makes some deals for Four Star shows!
I'm really hoping for a redo of Big Valley on blu--with no !#$!#@% double-sided discs this time. Mine jammed up real good the first time I played them. Enough of such nonsense. I think only blu-ray can bring the beautiful color cinematography of Big Valley back to life. And give us some extras--half the cast is still alive!!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Bob Gu said:
It's included in Deep Discount's current 25% off sale so I was able to pick it up for $18.34.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I recently emailed Timeless Media Group about several television series including The Rebel and received the following response: "The Rebel is a title we have been looking into acquiring. We are waiting for some final episodes before we can release it."

I don't want to get too excited, but it is certainly encouraging.

Darby

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
I heard that they were missing a couple of episodes which was causing the delay but have now secured another set of prints so I would endorse Neill's comment that it is on the way.

Don't know if it will include the original Johnny Cash theme though.

As they are also releasing 'Science Fiction Theater' which was the last of the Ziv titles they acquired it will be interesting to see where they go next, if at all.

My preference would be the 4 Star catalogue & a couple more Ziv series 'I led 3 Lives' 'Man Called X' Boston Blackie'.

hopefully keeping the old B/W series alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks