What's new

Timeless Media: 87th Precinct (Complete Series) (1961-62) (2 Viewers)

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I got mine and watched the first episode--quality is Timeless-good (i.e. not CBS good, but good enough). Better than Checkmate and some of the other B&W shows with prints culled from various sources. I'm assuming the rest look this way, but haven't gotten a chance to check yet. UPDATE: I checked out the remaining four episodes on disc 1, and they were about the same.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I watched the first episode too and wasn't aware of the gimmick of Gena Rowlands playing a deaf mute. If I understand right, she didn't stay the entire season? With that kind of limited role, it wouldn't surprise me.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
The quality of the prints isn't perfect, but what a great show. I had never seen it before but bought it because I was a huge fan of the Ed McBain novels. The tv show looks and feels just like the novels read. I'm sorry there's only one season to watch.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
GMBurns said:
The quality of the prints isn't perfect, but what a great show. I had never seen it before but bought it because I was a huge fan of the Ed McBain novels. The tv show looks and feels just like the novels read. I'm sorry there's only one season to watch.
The ratings for the show were actually pretty good but the cancellation had more to do with Hubbell Robinson leaving NBC and them cancelling the show because of that.

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
Not familiar with 87th at all but I'm a sucker for old cop shows! Having been born in the 70's, I'm more familiar with those shows. I'm anxious to try something earlier. Curious to see reviews.
Have to echo the thoughts about the quality of the Dragnet radio program. Amazing stuff & a few episodes that have been really shocking! I listen to versions with the original ads do I do end up craving a Fatima cigarette though.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Ordered my set a few days ago, should have them shortly. Will post something after I've had a chance to see a few episodes.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the first episode and it seems short. Comes in at 48:25. I'm pretty sure I have it off of film so I'll check what the running time is supposed to be.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have the 87 precinct on my buy list as such I welcome input on the quality of the episodes. I seen the actors taking part in the series were some great actors.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I just picked this up I'm only a few episodes in but it's very good. Very well acted. I'm very impressed so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks